Anxiety has been ruining my life for the past 4 years!!! FEELS LIKE I HAVE A HEART CONDITION!!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey guys, I'm a 22 year old male and I have always been healthy throughout life. I've always dealt with anxiety for as long as I could remember but the physical symptoms have been a new thing I'm still trying to get used to. It all started one day after I broke my phone (I know its not that serious) but I was so mad. I started to have chest pains and dizziness so I asked my sister to take me to the hospital. While on my way to the hospital I got the worst chest pain ever and I literally felt like my time was up and I was going to die. When I got the hospital the doctors at the ER performed an ECG on me. They told me my ECG came back normal but when I got home I was still not feeling well. The following morning I got curious and looked at my ECG and noticed a note at the top of my ECG that said right bundle branch block. I immediately started to panic and scheduled myself an appointment with a cardiologist. The cardiologist performed an echocardiogram, ECG, stress test, and had me wear a holter monitor. He said my heart was completely healthy. He said the ECG is normal in my case because the structure of my heart is normal, he said it would only be concerning if the structure of my heart was abnormal or if there was in inconsistency in between all the ECG's I had done. Even though I've been medically checked out and medically reassured multiple times it never seems to be enough. There is always that, "what if they're missing something?" in the back of my mind. I honestly have no idea how I am ever going to come at peace with my anxiety. I'd like to hear if anybody has possibly had the same problems or worries that I'm having!! COULD REALLY USE SOME FEEDBACK THANK YOU!!!!

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi, I understand how you are feeling. I've had ongoing anxiety for decades but it really has got worse over the last twelve months. I’ve had difficulty concentrating, feeling constantly tense and frequent muscle twitching (which I only realised recently is a physical symptom of anxiety disorder) I've also had on and off heart palpitations which is another common symptom of anxiety (as is chest pain although I haven't experienced this personally). Have you spoken to a doctor about CBT and medication? I was reluctant at first but it has helped a lot. I still worry a lot but it has taken the edge off it and I have fewer physical symptoms now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.