Anxiety has kept me from leaving the house

Posted , 3 users are following.

about a week ago i had a major set of panic attacks at the mall that kept me there for 3 hours just sitting in the food court. I was able to go to work the day after but i was late (which never happens) and i felt foggy. then i tried to go to a record store and had to leave about 5 minutes in and sit in the car. the biggest one i had was this previous monday i had plans with friends and as i was going to leave i wasnt able to breathe and had a full breakdown. Now days later ive called off of work twice and havent been able to leave the house or do anything i would like to without a giant wave of anxiety coming over me and stopping me in my tracks. i have a doctors appointment on tuesday and im wondering if i should call out of work till then and try to get myself better or if that will make it worse. any advice would be helpful or if anyone has gone through something similar.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I'd say keep going if you can, doesn't seem like you want to give up. Have you ever had anxiety before?

If not it may be worthwhile having a look at my blurb on here. -Found my own solution.

Brain fog, fatigue, weakness was making me anxious and missed quite a bit of work myself, couldn't/ didn't want to go anywhere but having sudden onset of anxiety didn't make sense to me as it was never an issue before. Started taking betahistine and it cleared my head.

• Posted

ive had anxiety before but never to this extent. ill have to check it out thatnks for the tip.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.