Anxiety head zaps

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all,

Has anyone ever experienced what feels like a "head zap", "brain shock", basically a weird feeling in the head, no pain, just catches you off guard and ask what was that?

I think I noticed it for the first time like a year and a half ago but really started to feel them about 7 months ago.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

i had one when i was taking zoloft and i stopped taking it because i didnt know what it was scared the crap out of me. Everything ive read says theyre not dangerous in any way

• Posted

Ive experienced them when i was on celexa too but im also a huge hypochondriac and always assume the WORST possible situation despite reassurance from my doctors.

• Posted

i know exactly what you are talkijg about. i was kn celexa for 12 years i started having these when i was streased also a lot of anxiety at the time because i realized i was actually withdrawing from celexa, it just stopped working. i moved to zoloft and they atopped. I also read they can be from chemicals changing in the brain. but they are harmless. but often oeople get them from withdrawl from a SSRi

• Posted

So weird!! I felt them when i was on celexa in august, then i stopped taking it on my own doing and then had crazy high anxiety, thought i was dying, etc. now im on sertraline 75mg after being on 50mg for about 5 weeks. maybe its just a side effect?

• Posted

think its common wth celexa withdrawl or it just not working anymore best wishes with the zoloft works amazing for me for now still not 100% but getting yhere

• Posted

I get it to, it starts at my head then all over my body its like a dreaded feeling I'm currently on Venlafex for aniexty and it freaks me out completely. Feels like something bad is going to happen then doesn't....

• Posted

good to know im not alone!!!! mine doesnt really travel all over my body just does the head zaps for about a couple seconds! im on sertraline for anxiety.

• Posted

I was on Sertraline for anxiety and i ended up with suicide thoughts and i actually tried to kill myself 5 times while on them apparently its the side effects from been on them just please been carefully while ur on them the first 2 weeks were the WORST 2 wks of my life im on Venlafex now and there so much better then Sertraline...

• Posted

hi there..

i am so sorry to hear that.. im glad you found something that works for you!!

i dont think i should have any issues with sert.. ive been on it since jan 17th and upped to 100mg today actually!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.