Anxiety/ Headache for days.

Posted , 3 users are following.

My doctor currently switched me from 25mg Zoloft to 50mg and even before the switch I would have super bad head pressure and dizziness, now after 4 days of being on the 50mg I've been having bad headaches every single day that won't let up. Along with really bad anxiety and I can hardly do anything without getting dizzy. Has anyone else experienced this? It's scaring me so bad

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I'm afraid to say it is completely normal when first starting and especially when increasing too x it's a case of riding it out for a few weeks until it gets better x if it doesnt after a little while then consider seeing your gp.

I had the same on sertraline myself x

• Posted

hey lois x I'm popping in and out. I find that when I'm really struggling I pop back in and try and give other people advise because I know how hard it is and if somone can get a little hope then that's good right x

love ya and hope you're ok ❤❤

• Posted

yeah was on 10mg for a week then up to my old working dose of 20mg. I feel like s**t 😓

I'm just so fed up lois x I just want to get better and have atleast a little bit of respite x I'm doing everything I can. eating healthy. exercising. new therapy keeping busy but it ain't helping x

i assume this is the increased dose making my anxiety worse x 🙄

I never had side effects first time round

even when i done the jump from 20- 40mg last time it wasnt this hard x

• Posted

i know you are struggling .has the change giving you a little bit of comfort .or is it the same like zooloft?

• Posted

for the first week or so I didn't feel too bad. probably more a placebo than anything else. sertraline was horrible for me the whole 14 weeks so I was glad to switch tbh. but pretty sure I felt a little better because I knew I was coming off if that makes sense

• Posted

yes mind over body does play with our minds with this horrible illness.celexa for me is mild compare to the others lol.just stick it out if you can i know is hard especially with limited benzos .keep us posted please always concern about you.x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.