Anxiety, headaches and head pressure made worse by fear of losing licence

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all I'm new to the forum, I'll get straight to the point...basically for the last four years I've been getting headaches at the very top of my head and when they get really bad sort of spreading down to my nose area. Something that started at the same time was a constant feeling of pressure around the top of my head but more so at the top of my nose above my eyes and sometimes in my temples...now I also suffer with a degree of anxiety and something that has completely taken over my thoughts recently is that I am terrified of losing my driving licence because of this although I have never ever blacked out or seizures or even panic attacks. Has anyone else suffered with these symptoms or can advise me on the driving licence situation? Many thanks in advance for any replies.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Paul I'm sorry that you have been struggling with this for four years...you have my sympathy.

What you describe (though it differs slightly,) i can relate to and it is a form of a panic attack and the headache/head pressure are caused by anxiety. We don't always have to be aware of anxiety to have anxious symptoms. Your fear of losing you license is another channel for your anxiety and is almost a form of intrusive thought: "I might lose my license." - there is no need for you to fear this...but you do and I wonder if you notice the thought has become obsessional?

I would recommend that you talk things through with your GP and take things from there...a check up may help to ease your mind and they will be able to give you more information on what is happening. If they feel it is anxiety then another good step would be to seek counselling to help you understand your anxiety and what forms (both the physical and mental,) it takes for you.

I wish you luck smile

• Posted

Hi "sillymop" thankyou very much for the reply... first of all yes you couldn't me more right it has become a very obsessive thought about losing my licence it literally fills me with fear, I forgot to mention I have a few quite obvious to friends and family nervous twitches too which become quite bad when I get stressed and anxious. I have a neurologist appointment in a few weeks which has increased my fear about losing my licence a lot. Again thankyou very much for the reply it is much appreciated.

• Posted

It sounds like sinius I suffer from that
    • Posted

I think you are right also, arlene. I suffer from sinus too and this can also bring on the sensation of pressure and headaches on the very top of the head
  • Posted

Talk to your GP

If you have collapsed at the wheel you may need a medical to get back on the road.

Your Driving licence can be withheld until you are better

BOB

• Posted

Hi "borderriever" I've never collapsed or had a black out or siezere of any kind.

• Posted

Sorry I must have misunderstood, what happened ??

BOB

• Posted

I have been driving since 1967 and never lost my licence, touch wood. We all can worry about something like this although I have given up worrying. I will show concern if something happens.

Driving to me is an automatic activity and I just watch what I am doing what sort of car do you have. I have an Astra Automatic.

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.