Anxiety...heart murmur, symptoms

Posted , 2 users are following.

It's probably not the best thing to google symptoms, let me start with that. A physicsn noticed a heart murmur(flow murmur/likely benign) and recommended I follow up with a cardiologist. I scheduled my appointment and am. Under the impression that the murmur is brought on by my anemia.

Since she told me I have been very nervous. I have begun experiencing some chest pains and shortness of breath upon exertion that has gotten 5x worst now that my period has started. Given the fact that I am anemic and very weak right now I am attributing my crazy fatigue to losing so much blood from a heavy period.

I went to the ER twice and my blood pressure has been pretty high (another reason for me freaking out) however they don't admit me. The doc just told me I need to build my iron back up and gave me some pain killers.

I'm still having this chest pain, crazy fatigue and shortness of breath. I feel too weak to go to work and although i think this murmur has nothing to do with it all, I now am thinking that I have a legit heart problem.

Bear in mind that a couple of days ago I was running miles and power lifting.

If anyone is having a similar situation I would really greatly appreciate your input or perhaps some words to ease my anxiety!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You will always feel worse when you're nervous, anxious, stressed anything.. You feeling weak is a sign that your body is asking you to take a break and relax. Just because you suddenly can't work out or anything today, tomorrow, yesterday, whatever, doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you.. Your body is just needing some extra vitamins, iron, rest, and relaxation. Almost everyone here has chest pains.. Literally, everyone haha. Its normal. My sister had a heart murmur when she was 10. It was nothing. They wouldn't send you home if it was dangerous. What was your bp when you said it was high? My friend was in the ER for it being 202/115 last week. I've had mine be 180/100 before. Stress does crazy things. Just relax. Watch a few good movies, eat some iron rich foods and just rest for a few days. Feel better.

• Posted

Thanks for the quick response! It was 150/95 the other day (two days before I began bleeding was normal at 102/72._.) and today it was 147/103. I know stress does crazy things I just really hate feeling helpless during this time but you are right I will try and rest my body more.

I appreciate you responding

• Posted

Oh that's not bad at all.. If it was continuously on the high side, you would get pills. That seriously is nothing alarming at all. I used to run generally around 140/90 and they just said to be a bit healthier and never was worried about it.

• Posted

That's good to know. Mine is normally on the low side so when it spiked I felt like sh*t immediately without even testing my BP. I'm in bed now super weak to even hold a conversation and with no appetite just praying rest actually does help. Trying to ease my anxiety as that isn't going to help my sintubation either :-( but I appreicate your response very much and makes me feel a little better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.