Anxiety/ heavy chest pressure ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone else with anxiety suffered heavy chest sensation where it feels like effort just to take in a deep breath ? It's so horrible.. I suffered with health anxiety starting dec last year and it went on a very long time talking about 10 months but then I started have couple months feeling great again like I had finally beat it.. now this chest pressure for no reason.. I am not worried about anything not that I know of but this chest pressure is making me anxious which in turn is kicking off my health anxiety again sad it's so discouraging when I had suffered so long all day every day for 10 months sad is there any ways to get rid of this as this Is day 3 or 4 like this... starting to feel light headed Again and just generally unwell but my Health anxiety done that.. I've had all tests under the sun done and all came back clear.. just can't believe how unwell anxiety can make you feel... feel so low today with this sad 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello Heather, I too suffer with this and other things. I'm suffering at the moment with tension in my neck and shoulders. My mind then go into overdrive. It's really no fun. My health anxiety is horrendous. Plus I got a phobia with doctors, so not nice. Hope you will soon feel a little better. X

• Posted

Heather

You need to put your mind at rest with the feelings of pressure on your chest. Talk to your GP and get it checked over to understand a problem makes it easier to control your anxiety.

BOB

• Posted

I get this feeling when I have a panic attack, and my body takes a while to recover from panic attacks so it can last a few days or more if I have another panic attack.

I had this feeling before I even knew I had anxiety/panic attacks and went to the doctors who did all kinds of tests/checks and sent me for a chest X ray and everything was fine, so it was diagnosed as a panic attack. I also suffer from health anxiety so go to a doctor but if they don’t find anything it’s likely a panic attack!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.