Anxiety hell .......

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey,

Just need a bit of reassurance have been prescribed Fluoxetine due to anxiety, I'm getting so anxious about taking them and the dreaded side effects.. Please tell me there's a positive outcome to taking them.......

wink 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I think everyone is different and suffers varying degrees of side effects! The benefits of this medicine far out weigh the side effects once you have a few weeks worth within your system. Don't let the thought of the side effects put you off, you should at least try the medicine. Good luck and let us know how you get on smile

• Posted

Hey Sally, 

I still haven't taken the first step and taken my pills, trying to cope without not that it's working just don't want kids to see me unwell or unable to function.. Were you able to work and deal with daily tasks... X

• Posted

When I first started the treatment, the first 2 weeks were anxiety hell too. Later it disappeared and other side effects started emerging. But eventually, after 8 weeks, everything seems to get better. If you are not at work, please keep yourself distracted and start to go to work. It helps.
  • Posted

You dont know until you try everyone is effected differently. insomnia didnt last long for me and as far as reduced sex drive goes im 6 months in and im the most horny iv ever been probably cos i have chilled the f*ck out and and alot more worry free lol. To begin with i found it hard to cum. It wasnt supprising finding out its used for premature ejaculation and allows you to go alot longer. If it interferes with your personal life there are alot of different drugs you can try if one does t agree with you. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.