Anxiety hell

Posted , 3 users are following.

Started Remeron 4 days ago with the Dr suggesting I increase to 15 mg next week.Feeling very anxious at the moment. Anyone had success with this med for panic disorder. Loosing hope, and frustrated.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

lee,

unfortunately for me it gave me increased anxiety .. when dosage wasincreased from 15.  the drs keep telling me i am sensitve to meds, but i am back down to 15.  don't know what psych will suggest when i return for a visit  butit has been a bad time foe me and a few others on this forum.

• Posted

Does not sound good at all. Am not really happy about this choice of med, but SSRI meds make me more anxious, and the Dr said that would not happen on this med. It would

Appear that he may be incorrect .Love the sleep, and that's possibly all I can find to cheer me up right now. Thanks for the reply .

• Posted

hi lee, i think i am in a similar situation.  i do get extreme anxiety on everything i have tried so far.  i was hoping that this would have worked .. but i give it enough time.  it may work ver well for you.  i am not happy about having to try something else.  i don't know what i am going to do.  so far i will remain on 15
    • Posted

Hi Lee & Suzie

Have you noticed a thread than runs through all the folk on this forum who up their dose from 15 mg to 30 mg ???  They all 'seem' to get the onset of anxiety which is scarey ... I agree with you Suzie, 15 mg has been good for me - Lee I hope this is good for you too.

• Posted

yes, i will stay on 15 but i am having worse insomnia than before.  it's as if my head is all mixed up now.  granted i will neen something more for depression and anxiety. .. but yes when mine wasincreased to 30 that's when my additional problems started.  thedr. gave me something else for sleep, but it didn't help last night.  hegave me an additional drug to try, but i chickened out.  i feel so screwed up on medication yet i know i need something.  i pray i can sleep tonight. 
    • Posted

Upping and downing Mirt' messes everything up.  I think the worst thing for insomnia is to worry about it, telling yourself your not likely to get a good nights' sleep is a sure way of not getting one - the negative thoughts mobilise the stress response which increases your heart rate, blood pressure, muscle tension and breathing rate speeds up your brain waves - ALL FROM YOUR THOUGHTS !!!  I've done work on this in CBT, best tell yourself it's not the end of the world if you don't have a good nights sleep and mean it ... challenge the negative thoughts ...

I know it sounds simple, but it works.  Don't let the little devil thoughts take over, be in charge of them.  These little strategies can be very powerful - insomnia was my base-line problem, which then brought on anx & then depression.  

Here's another:

Telling yourself you can function (the next day) on core sleep (a few hours) is a highly effective strategy for managing Negative Sleep Thoughts - these NST's are what is keeping you awake - it's like a placebo effect.

The Above is taken from an amazing book "Say Goodnight To Insomnia" by Dr Gregg Jacobs.  It's an amazing book - wish I'd read it years ago

Hope this makes sense, and might help a little, in the middle of the night think these thoughts.

Wishing you well. 

• Posted

thank you calmer 46.   i know, i have anxiety when i don't sleep and i create it myself '.. if that makes sense.  i am on 15 of the mirtz as instructed by psych. thank you for your suggestions
    • Posted

Hope you are feeling better Suzi. Hoping today will be better. Upping fr 7.5 to 15 mg tonight so I will see how it goes. Not planning on increasing if my wild anxiety calms down at 15 mg. Glad you have stayed with the 15mg. Do what makes you feel better. X
  • Posted

I am sorry you arent feeling well. Have you upped your dose to 15 mg now?

There are a few other anxiety meds out there that might work better for you. You should see your doctor after about 2 weeks if Remeron doesnt help you and try something different. It's a journey ... finding the right medication... dont lose hope!

• Posted

Thanks Mermaid. How long do you have to be on Rem before you have to taper and go through hellish withdrawl symptoms. Will stick to Xanax for now and use Rem occasionally for sleep. Wondering how that will go down with the Dr. No sure this is my cup of tea.do love the eep though.
    • Posted

I love the sleep 💗

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.