Anxiety help

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was a victim of domestic violence and as a result sustained a broken ankle (nearly mended) I due to go to court next week to give evidence but I'm absolutely crapping it as I'm going through every nightmare scenario , I don't want to go and am suffering anxiety and worry about the whole thing, is there any medication I can take to help me get through the trial ? Any advice would be appreciated

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

After all that has happened to you I hope by reading the replies here that you get some comfort and a feeling that we are all behind you and wishing you well. It is a very brave thing you are doing,well done.     We will overcome......
  • Posted

Caroline,  How are you doing my friend?  We all care about you what ever the results.  Devs Mom
    • Posted

Hi I'm so sorry I haven't replied earlier but it's been a tough time , my injury is not healing so I'm in a lot of pain, I went to court for the case and I was so bloody scared and nervous but when I was giving evidence I was composed and I was honest and when I left the court I felt relief , I didn't wait for the result as I just wanted to get out of there, I was absolutely sure that he would be found guilty , I was shocked and sad when I received an e mail to say he was found not guilty , and they wonder why women don't trust the system

• Posted

Oh Caroline....I am stunned and feel for you.  Big hugxx  You are so right about women not using the system or even reporting violence against them ,domestic or otherwise.  Keep talking on here if it helps you. Take care of that ankle and I hope you have someone near to you that you can trust. xx
    • Posted

Hi thanks so much for your kind words , to be honest I was p*ssed off and felt aggrieved by the outcome but now I've decided to draw a line underneath it and not let it affect me anymore , I'm lucky I've got good friends and family so onwards and upwards from now on but it does concern me that women are not going to report domestic assaults because in the UK they prosecute without any word to the victim so basically you are forced to go to court, I know damn well if this happened to me again I would not involve any emergency services I would call a cab to go to the hospital because to have the court appearance hanging over you and the stress that goes with it feels like as a victim you are being punished ,?but I have no intention of letting it affect me anymore , I'm back at work after being off for over 2 months so that helps a lot, once again thank you for your kindness it is greatly welcome

• Posted

Great stuff Caroline. You have the right attitude. Dont let anyone walk over you ever again. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.