Anxiety help

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been taking 75mg slow release Ven for a couple of year now. Last year I lost my sister who I was incredibly close to. Since then I have been feeling like I’ve lost control of sooooo much of me and my life. Anxiety has taken over- to the point where I can’t eat, I freeze mentally, I am not functioning well at all. I have also had a lot of problems with my teen son. I can’t cope with feeling like I do at all. I have been back to GP and am waiting for a medication review with a psychiatrist.  However nothing ever gets to the bottom of the complete self loathing I have for myself and this anxiety is so so bad.

I have upped my ven adding in another 37.5 but not helping. 

Help me pls

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Rhian,

all I can say from my own experience, is that after 2 years on ven, I was aware that its efficacy was waning, , so this may be a factor -but in fairness -you have lost someone you could rely on for closeness and support -no wonder then, that you feel dreadful. Please don't give yourself a hard time for your feelings. 

• Posted

I seem to go through cycles on anti depressants where they work for a couple of years and then stop. Now I am running out of options. I’m so tired of feeling low and tired and now anxious on top. It has been 10 years now on antidepressants and issues still not solved 😞

• Posted

So, Rhian,

again from my own experience - I came off Venlafaxin 'cold turkey' and experienced quite the worst period I had known at that time. I was left with dizziness and a pressure inside my head that never left me, but often felt like an electric pulse in my brain (I used to describe it as a train set that ran in one direction around the inside of my skull) -and I was left with a number of food intolerances I've never got over -please get  professional help, as I would not recommend the path I took after 6 years in all on ven.

• Posted

I won’t stop taking it until I have seen the doctors and have a plan in place........ I have no wish to do myself any harm I just want to get better x
  • Posted

I should add in the past ten years I have been on Prozac, sertraline, citalopram, and cymbalta. They seem to just stop working 
  • Posted

Hi there, firstly i am very sorry for your loss. I'm no professional but at such a rime bothering the dosage may of been the best option, just to help you a little bit. I'm to awaiting to see a phyciatrist tbh! As my gp is just going around in circles with medication that all seems to be side effect related with me

• Posted

Hi. I'm so so sorry for your lost. I have a sister, too, and losing her would be devestating. I'm glad you came here for support. I understand exactly what you're experiencing though. Our daughter moved home after being away at college and being on her own for two years after that. She had a severe depression among other things. Being that I am an anxiety sufferers, dealing with her issues, almost losing my mom, I almost lost it. I know that paralyzed feeling your talking about. I do.

I finally started seeing a therapist, and I just spill my guts to her. I take it one day at a time and I really try hard to practice the advice she gives me. I pray all the time too. It truly has made a huge difference in my outlook.

Upping your ven may help. Should help.

Just make sure that it's the same pill or capsule you've been taking. The reason I mention this is because I was on a generic that was discontinued and substituted with another generic. After about two weeks, I began having breakthrough anxiety and panic. I think the second generic was a lesser quality. Of course, with every dose increase, your brain still had to adjust.

I will keep you and your son in my prayers. You're not alone. We're here for you. One day at a time, breathe!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.