Anxiety help: add Abilify on to my SSRI or try a different SSRI?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello,

I have struggled with anxiety for years, fall of 2018 I entered a depressive episode and could barely get out of bed for weeks. At this point I started Lexapro/Cipralex, things got ten times worse at first, but slowly over the course of a few months of slowly increasing the med I started to see the light again.

I'm still taking Lexapro/Cipralex (20mg) but I'm not even sure if the med did anything for me, or if it was just a matter of time and therapy that got me to the point I am at now. I was diagnosed with GAD and OCD. I've made a lot of changes in my life and am doing a lot better than I ever was, but I go through waves where some days the obsessive thoughts are hard to control and I feel like I am grasping for something to take the nagging anxiety out of my chest. This weekend I've been unable to get anything done because anxiety is keeping me from even being able to start something.

My doctor/psychiatrist suggested I try adding Abilify to calm the obsessive thoughts. I'm worried about going through a side affect phase, don't like the idea of taking two medications and a little voice in my head says I should just be able to manage this on my own. Any one have experience taking and SSRI and Abilify? Did it help anxiety ? Or do you think maybe I need to try a different SSRI?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.