Anxiety Help Please! Symptoms are worrying me

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I've been going through a few things the past few days and it's really worrying me. I'm a 21 year old male, pretty healthy. It started with my going to the ER for chest discomfort and being scared to sleep and I was also thinking it was potentially my time to die. They did bloodwork, which came back fine, and I was told it was most likely just the muscle and caused by anxiety. The day after I had no appetite, frequent small amounts of diarrhea (maybe because I wasn't eating to produce a lot), I felt weaker than normal, didn't feel like myself and continued to worry. I also had a slight head discomfort. So I went back to the ER and a different doctor asked a lot more questions about how I was feeling. Without doing any tests he told me it was anxiety. I believed him and felt better when I got home. I started to eat and feel stronger and had an overall better mood. But today I woke up feeling weird again, this time with an odd numb like feeling on the right side of my face and head and weird teeth feelings on the same side. The worrying started again. I'm scared of brain aneurysms and strokes and ofcourse it's all worrying me.

Has anyone experienced this as well? Need some assurance and relief.

Thank you!

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hey there! I've been suffering similar symptoms and doctors keep telling me it's anxiety also. It's hard believing them I end up questioning whether they missed somethings or what. I feel better after leaving the doctor but feel worse again later. Hope we can both come to terms with our physical symptoms being anxiety. I would suggest seeing a counselor as that helped me through my first bought of anxiety last year!

• Posted

Yes! I feel great after seeing the doctor then it all just comes back. Hopefully more users on here will reply with their thoughts and experiences as well. Thanks
    • Posted

Hi , This is not something to come to terms with. It goes on, and on. Stop this madness, and please tell your family doc,  it's time to try medication. I don't understand why people would rather suffer and pray this goes away. It might for a while, but guarantee it will be back. It's how this nasty anxiety works. Don't you want to feel good again.

• Posted

I meant that instead of worrying that it's one medical problem or another that it's time to come to terms with it being anxiety and seek treatment for that. Whether that's therapy of some kind of drugs is up to each person. Personally, I have not tried any anti-anxiety medication, but I am open to doing so now.

• Posted

Hi there!

I'm a 22 year old male to and have experienced EVERYTHING you have just described, I've been to the hospital numourous times thinking I was dying with symptoms of a heart attack etc.

It's defiantly Anxiety, and I would defiantly recommend you see your doctor for some treatment or therapy as for me it became a daily thing that made me exhausted thinking about. As times gone in I know now it's just the Anxiety and nothing to do with my heart or circulation.

Don't google symptoms as it will make you worse, whenever anything like that comes over me I think of it as this little monster in my head that appears and I kill it in my mind. I hope this helps dude!

• Posted

Thanks man, I really appreciate that reply. I've gotten rid of the "chest" worries now and I'm onto the head worries unfortunately. The right side of my face still feels a little weird, it comes and goes tho. The toothache (all teeth on the right side) seems to be gone...we'll see for how long

• Posted

Anxiety is a terrible thing.It produces different aches and pains in each person. I couldn't eat, sleep, focus, or swallow. Walk around in a fog or panic. Had constant head tenderness, and headache's. Did they tell you at the ER to call your fanily doctor? You are 21 years old, and if you don't get on medicine now, there will be many years of suffering. There are many medications for this. I suffered many years because they did not have meds when I was your age. Thank god in my Thirties I was able to get on amazing meds. I have had them changed a few times over the years, but I will tell you, that the worst side effect you might have, is ten times better then what your going through now. I am 56 now and have been (normal) for many years. I was just praying that they would work. THEY DO. PLEASE call your family doc and he will put you on meds. I promise you will feel so much better.

• Posted

No they didn't tell me to. He said to relax and try my best not to worry. He also said to eat what I can since I didn't have an appetite and also to drink Gatorade for the electrolytes since all I really drink is water. But I'm definitely going to go to my family doctor this week to work things out and see how he can help me. Thank you for your help!

• Posted

Add  nutrition shakes they are better then gatorade. You can drink both. Boost or whatever they are called. They sell kid ones and adult ones they chocolate, strawberry or vanilla. Sold in supermarkets, pharmacies walmart type stores. They are wonderful to help you out.
    • Posted

Thank you, I've been drinking an Ensure a day since yesterday and it does help with the lack of appetite and I'm slowly feeling my appetite come back. Going to drink more. Thanks!

• Posted

Can you describe the head discomfort??? Please this could help us both out
    • Posted

So it's not a pain and definitely not a headache as I could tell but it's hard to describe too. Sometimes it feels as if my head is a little hot around one side or sometimes the forehead and down around the ear as well. Sometimes it can also be at the back of the head. Not a headache pain but just discomfort and feeling of super light pressure (barely any real pressure) Just a weird overall feeling which from what I've been told is all apart of the anxiety. Tends to go away with my breathing exercises sometimes and also just laying dowm and relaxing helps a bit.

• Posted

Lately I've been getting the warm sensation on the right side of my head. But mainly I get this really awkward feeling. Sort of like when you get butterflies in your stomach... But in my head...

• Posted

Yeah that's exactly it sometimes. But it goes away. Try searching for anxiety breathing exercises on YouTube. Helped me a lot

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.