Anxiety highest in morning

Posted , 4 users are following.

Anyone have the knot in their stomach highest in the morning? Every morning it's there, just waiting for me to react and get scared.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I had it for years everyday and it goes after I get up and get my day started. Anxiety was my cause. I am now on sertaline and I don't know if this is what has caused the knot to stop. Best to go get it checked first to be sure. Good luck and try not to worry to much.

• Posted

Thanks for your comment. I've been on sertraline for 7 years at 100 mg. a couple weeks ago, I started getting anxiety again. The doc put me up to 150 mg and I'm just waiting for that to kick in. I was just wondering why is it that I have that knot as soon as I wake.

• Posted

I'm no expert but they do say if anxiety returns you may need to switch or tweak your doze. Best to speak to your gp. X

• Posted

Hi mine is there in the morning and lasts until i take propranolol,that calms me a little bit then the knot goes,it does return during the day tho x
  • Posted

Hi Vanessa I have the same problem every morning when I wake and sometimes it stays like that all day along with feeling shaky and breathless x
    • Posted

It's an awful feeling, I'm hoping it'll soon pass because I love my life and want to be able to enjoy it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.