Anxiety - hypnotherapy

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone tried hypnotherapy for anxiety? Not sure if anyone has heard of the linden method either? I’m from Scotland and I think a lot of you from USA x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have tried both linden method makes sense but in the throes of anxiety didn’t work for me plus expensive. Hypnotherapy was good and my therapist sent me links of the sessions which I could listen to whenever needed which was very calming and helpful. I’m from London 

• Posted

Hi Elaine I attended five sessions of hypnotherapy at £65.00 a session. All of these were the therapist telling me about how the brain works and nothing else. I was suffering from anxiety and depression and taking medication. Whilst I do have an interest in how the brain works it turned out to be a very expensive way of finding out with no other benefits. Now, it's not to say that at some point some practical work was not going to be undertaken but I did not have an endless Bank of money and could not afford to continue as not working. So I can't say if it will help but what I would say is if paying for it yourself try and find out when and what practical steps will be used. I can recommend a good book, the upward spiral. Easy reading and covered of some of the things the therapist covered amongst other things. Easy reading and help you to understand why we feel the way we do and what we can do to help us cope.

• Posted

hi joanna thank you for your reply. Im just looking into different things at present also acupuncture. Dont have a lot of money as not working just now due to anxiety and £65 a lot! Thank you for your feedback and advice re book xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.