Anxiety/ i feel like i'm dying and fading away

Posted , 8 users are following.

I question my life , i question everything around . why what is it what? like what is the meaning of life . and its freaking me out into thinking i am in a coma or simulation or hell . and my symptoms dont make any sence at all . its been like this for a year now and its so stressful . to the point where i feel like im fading away from my life . and my soul is leaving my body like a out of body experience . it gets really bad to the point where i walk in the store or anywhere i question what i am perceiving whether im in a dream or not . i went to a doc for meds and im currently going to see a psychiatrist soon . and its not trackable too because the symtoms and thought processes change weekly . i dont know whether i have a brain issue or a anxety issue . but i took the meds and it feels a bit better like i feel high and careless when i took it . i dont know what to do . its like my real life is out there somewhere and im living some sort of dream . it feels like my mind got disconnected from reality .

3 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

what you are describing sounds exactly like what millions of other people with anxiety go through, including myself. It sounds as though you are very anxious and depressed at the same time which is very common. When you say you feel like you could be in a dream and everything seems odd, you are experiencing what is called depersonalization or derealization. That is when your brain tries to block out things in the world that is causing you anxiety. It is a very common thing and it is not harmful, even though it is weird and scary.

i’m glad you are going to see the psychiatrist. Not sure what medication you’re taking but you will discuss it with the psychiatrist and he or she will find the best medication for you.

another thing that is important is finding a therapist to visit on a weekly or every other week schedule. The psychiatrist role is a little different than the therapist. The therapist can help you manage how you are feeling and manage the anxiety and stress so that your symptoms are reduced or go away. Keep going even if you feel better. Because it’s important.

The key is to get control and relax your mind as much as possible because then the symptoms will subside. I’ve been through this and I know exactly what it’s like. there are some great anxiety meditations on YouTube! I listen every night.

you are not going crazy. You will get your life back. It’s difficult to do alone that’s why I say stay committed to therapy. One step at a time. Never ever give up! I look back on those times and realize it’s a small snippet in my life. Take care of yourself!

• Posted

thank you so much . that was kind of calming . i think its anxiety . for me its like a cycle . 1. expericing the weird symtoms 2. thinking about it everyday 3. and then getting sad that this is my life and panicked . and then back to one . also i have really bad memory too . like i forget which day it is . i get this weird feeling too . its like this whole time ive been in a coma and im now waking up or coming back to my life . i feel alienated from my life . and coming back to it is kinda scary for some reason . i get this feeling my soul is elsewhere and im somewhere else and think of what is life and all that crazy stuff . im taking clonegapam i think thats what its called . anyways that out of life feeling comes and goes

• Posted

hello James May I ask if you have some secrets/guilt/ regret about the past or your current life?

• Posted

i feel the exact same way and i have severe anxiety and depression, i see a therapist but its now every month, i wish i could see her sooner but i cant because she doesnt have earlier appointments, your not alone.

• Posted

im glad im not alone i feel so depressed about it as well . i felt like i messed my life ans when it all started is when my best friend died in a accident and when i smoked weed and passed out and had a derealization panic attack a year back

• Posted

Tottaly relate to what everyone is saying it makes me dizzy and things keep moving around me when it happens it's very scary I find exercise is key and has helped me in some way but you can't help thinking you have cancer or a brain tumour the doctors have missed something. I find myself questioning reality and it's horrible especially when I have kids I always think this illness will. Eventually take me but for now I'll keep fighting it just wish there w as a magic pill to take away the dizzy sensation anxiety gives me I find if I keep moving it's not as bad. I was fine for 5 years on mitazapine then one day woke up dizzy and it's never left me nearly 2 months I have had it now. I wonder if its the tablet has stopped working as they say you blood changes cycle etc they are going to pu tme on a blood pressure monitor machine next week to see if it's that just hope it's that if it's anxiety ill carry on cycling and getting as much fruit and exercise I can take.

• Posted

Hi James! This is definitely anxiety and I get the same symptoms as well such as feeling so detached and lost in thought, confusion, brain fog, heartbeat going really fast, gasping for air and hot flashes. You're not alone and I wish you the best for your mental health to become better.

• Edited

hey James my name is reed, and mostly everything you just said explained my whole life loll. i think it comes from anxiety or some type of stress vro but like everyone here vro you are not alone!. i wish we had some type of brain reverser made lmaoo to get rid of all these different types of disorders, though we don't have something like that now hopefully we will in the future. but after hearing your story it gave me a bit of relief i thought i was losing my mind etc and been feeling this way for 3 years now, it started from me smoking, even though at the time i wasn't one of them people who enjoyed to but i gotten peer pressured into doing it and eventually i gotten use to smoking so i did it everyday for about a full year and a couple months until i started not to feel like myself, i felt emotionally numb, i couldn't control my mind like my mind was controlling me it felt as if i was here but not here, activities that i once loved and enjoyed i don't feel the same feelings towards them any more , i once use to be a people person now I'm very anti social and really don't know how to speak or the phrase "i don't know the right words to use". until i started knowing that i was going through DPDR "depersonalization, derealization . and anxiety its plenty more but i dokt know how to explain it but i started going through all of this when i was 16 turning 17 i'm currently 20, and feel even more worse because i didnt go get diagnose for anything or the right help i needed i just been waiting it out, but try eating some sea moss or some lions mane mushroom it wipe away anxiety and depression trust me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.