Anxiety in a morning stopping me from going out

Posted , 4 users are following.

I 've been prescribed 25mg of amitriptyline at nite I 've started waking at 6 then the over thinking starts until I get myself in a state the doctor upped my side to 35mg but it gave me chronic indigestion as I have a hernia I just wondered if I took 25mg b 4 bed and 10mg in a morning would it space me out or would it make me feel calmer so I can go out

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Please don't take it during the day, it Will cause drowsiness, and makes you feel very tiered. Its only safe during the night. Please do not drive if you have to take it during the day.

• Posted

I agree with Zara, only take at night.  Amit affected my stomach too, I found having lacto free milk and gluten free bread plus peppermint tea helped alot.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.