Anxiety in bed

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi lovely ladies,

I have had a few weird experiences on going to bed and trying to sleep, which is totally impossible these days that I seem to need to take deep breaths and get panicky. This is one of many symptoms with this horrid menopause. I generally don’t feel myself and haven’t in a 

Long while. Does anyone else suffer with nighttime anxiety? I read a lot of you tend to suffer in the morning. Please any advise appreciated. 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Julie, I’m morning anxiety type.  Have you tried melatonin...I was using the liquid for a couple days. Also, guided meditation or audio books are nice to listen too.  No watching TV before bed, keep the room nice and dark.  Certainly not a cure all.  I’m on an AD, and I still get morning anxiety...I do better at night.  Good luck...what a raw deal us women get!
  • Posted

Not NOW, but when I was pregnant I did. So it is hormones that give me anxiety. At least I can pinpoint! I actually used to be AFRAID to go to bed. As soon as dusk hit, panic set in. I knew I would be up when everyone else would be asleep, so then nobody there to help me. So that caused more panic. I was afraid of bedtime/night. Craziness. But it ended. I had to take medication then and eventually I could go back into my bed wothout having a panic attack. I slept on our couch for a while. The mind does crazy things!!
  • Posted

I also suffer this almost every single night and find that the only thing that helps is taking a very low dose of Xanax and then I sleep for about 4 hours straight. Then i wake up every 2 hours for the rest of the night.  I often dread going to sleep because i have to fight so hard against it !
  • Posted

Hi Julie, I had that nighttime anxiety a few weeks ago, thought it was due to the change in progesterone cream, but who knows? I couldn't breathe, and I just kept telling myself to ignore it. It was rough. Overall I don't get as much anxiety as I used to when all this bs started.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.