Anxiety in Menopause

Posted , 8 users are following.

Does anyone have any suggestions for anxiety symptoms in menopause. My dr has suggested anti depressants but i would like to try alternatives if anyone has found something that helps ease it a bit 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Yes I take pharma GABA. It’s usually in most vitamin shops or natural grocery stores!  I get the chewable kind and they work great
    • Posted

Hi thanks I've not heard of them can you get in UK?how long do you take them for?

• Posted

If you get vitamin recommendations, google the name, and it will give you UK outlets that stock it. I believe amazon does XXX
  • Posted

Go and get some Bach Rescue Spray , you can buy it on line or chemists shop/ supermarket . Spray on your tongue cost £9 . Go look it up . Anxiety / Menopause can go on for sometime ,as will depression . Get your thyroid checked out and your Vit levels , that will cause anxiety in meno yrs . 

• Posted

Hi I already have the rescue remedy but it wears off really quickly need something longer lasting maybe have vitamin deficiency 
  • Posted

I went down th erabbit hole of anxiety help last year and ended up believeing i needed to go to a private facility for help. That was after Dr's told me I needed AD and then sleeping pills...I now know that it was their medications that truly ruined everything. It has taken me many months to come back form utter hell. There is anxiety and then there is anxiety...try to ride it out - tell yourself its just a hormone a little bit jumpy and that the process you are in is natural. The more we feed it the bigger the beast becomes. You cannot go back to who you were before this experience as that is the nature of life. But you can choose to move forward without going down those bloody horrid nightmarish rabbit holes. Well, at least that is what i wish someone had told me...

• Posted

Hi  Vix 

Can you explain a little more about your type of anxiety and how the AD affected you?

I’m 46, recently came off hrt and feel not too bad. However, long before I even started HRT I’ve had this nagging thought that maybe life would be better on AD. I’m just a sensitive person, often suffer a little anxiety and a bit of a negative thinker ! I have tried them in the past a few times, but couldn’t sleep, they reduce R.E.M. sleep and I’m not a great sleeper anyway, so decided to stop.  I would just like to know how the AD affected you x 

• Posted

Hi Amber

well..........?

where does one begin?   I must say that i wish i knew. Did you have anxiety prior to menopause or is it new?

Our endocrine system is going through a rewiring if you will. This is what learned thus far. We are no longer producing the sex hormones and so our adrenals are working harder to keep everything going, this is why hormone related issues crop up at this time.. thyroid, adrenal fatigue etc.

There are soo many things to choose from i wish i could help you with the right one. I would take it myself, but i suffer chronic anxiety now for about a year since ive fallen into menopause, and not found a fix. Antidepressants didnt work for me..it added weird to already weird..if that makes sense..

I think that supporting the adrenals will help with anxiety. 

Some womens nervous systems get more taxed than others. There are a lot of helpful women on this forum..let me know when you find something that works !!

xoxoxox

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.