Anxiety in morning

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, I'm taking Fluoxetine for anxiety. I'm on day 16 and I take it as soon as I wake up (about 5 or 6am). From day 2 to day 11 I was feeling anxious all day (more than before I started the pills), fuzzy head and was only getting about 3 hours sleep every night.

The last three nights I've had about 6 hours sleep which is great. After I've taken my pill I feel quite agitated, shaky and sometimes drowsy and my head is very fuzzy. Every day for the last three days this has all cleared in the afternoon and I just experience the occasional wave of anxiety. So I feel like I'm making progress. 

can anyone relate to this? Will the morning anxiety/agitated feelings go over time?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hello Jemina,

I am now taking fluoxetine for 43 days and I still have anxiety in the morning. The positive thing is that it has settled down a bit since the beginning. The first two weeks I couldn't sleep at all. Now I sleep very well. I still have anxiousness and distress but for the most part I can manage. It will get better, thought sometimes even I can't seem to believe it.

Stay strong!

Joann

• Posted

Joann,

i have been on Fluoxetine and today is day 31 at 20mgs. Today I feel a little better. The last 2 weeks the anxiety has been horrible. Much worse than the first two weeks when I started. Does it start to get better? Did you notice any improvement from the 30th to to 45th day. I don’t seem to have any stomach or headache issues. I need to take a .25 Klonopin (1/2 of a .50 ) every morning when I get up. I also take a very low doze of Trazadone at night which gives me 7 hours of sleep. You are about 15 days ahead of me has it improved in that time. Could use some encouragement.

• Posted

Hello Lynn,

I could say that for me the anxiety has been improving since day 30. It's so subtle that you don't realize it. I started sleeping a little bit better every night. Then the morning were horrible but in the evenings I felt calmer. Then a week and a half ago I had my period and was taken aback by the intensity of my anxiety, but eventually it settled down two days after that. For the past 4 days I feel closer to my old self. I still feel anxious through he day but it is more manageable. The depression and low mood is improving too. Although everybody is different and responds differently at medication, I really think that you are very close to seeing improvement. Stick with it for a little bit longer. The good thing is that like you I didn't have any side effects besides insomnia. I hope you start feeling better soon!!!

Joann

• Posted

I'm on day 41 of 20 mg dose.  Yes, I have the anxiety in the AM along with the attendant wretching.  However I will say it is getting better, the dark mood and deep depression has improved

I have found natural vitality calm and chamonnile tea are good to use to help keep a lid on the anxiety.

• Posted

Hi Jemima.

I am now on day 9 and have to admit I really am starting to feel better. First maybe 6 days I was shakey irritable and had headaches. I also take my pill around 6.30am and although the shakiness is still happening it certainly is decreasing. I can honestly say I am feeling a lot better, like a wave of calm has come over me......only other little side effect is I have been getting palpitations but slow steady breaths are getting me through them. I really hope Fluox starts working for you and helps you feel better soon 🙄

• Posted

HI when you say headache,s do you mean temple pains, as I am day 2 of 10mg, and have them also feel walking with weakness,
    • Posted

I am on day 31 on 20mgs. I think you can have headaches all over. Mine come and go usually in the back of my head. I had little side effects fist two weeks seemed to come stronger the 3rd and 4th. Anxiety is the main reason. It takes a real long time for some 12 weeks. Yesterday I worked in my garden all day. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.