Anxiety in public places

Posted , 7 users are following.

i have had a good day today as far as anxiety goes and right now I'm at a restaurant going to eat and feel like I can't breathe and back and chest muscles feel tight, my stomach is bloated and that also makes me feel like I can't breathe, is this just anxiety or something else.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

anxiety I have very bad anxiety and panic attacks

• Posted

i wish I could get passed all of the anxiety, i have been dealing with it for many years now and as i get older it seems to be getting worse, i managed to eat my meal but once i was done eating i had to leave the area and get some air, i get to the point where it feels like I can't take a deep breath

• Posted

i get that way too i ll be fine then all of a sudden i get panicking when im in t he gorcery store or restaurant i feel like i cant breath i get shaky and really sweaty i hate it.the i have to take a Xanax before i go anywere but i try not to take them because they make me to sleepy.

• Posted

i wish we didn't have to go through that, it ruins your plans when anxiety sets in.

anxiety is very cruel to make us feel the way we do, it helps me a little bit knowing that im not alone

• Posted

me too its no way to live like that always worried your gonna freak out somewere . i also have IBS. so my anxiety gets way bad.

• Posted

yes i thought i was all alone. too until i found sites like these were people are going through the same things as me.

• Posted

How much Xanax did you take? I take 0.125 mg before I go if drive. I don't feel sleepy.

• Posted

Yes, here another person who struggles with his anxiety mostly in public places. When your adrenaline starts to get higher you get the feeling when you have to do something, make a run for example or freeze yourself. I feel like I collapse and go crazy on such moments, because you feel so overstimulated, because of all the thoughts etc.

• Posted

it gives me a feeling of relief that im not the only one who has this problem, i hate when it happens because I can't have a good time and it feels like my lungs are going to give out, after I left the restaurant and headed for home then i felt better

• Posted

I'm the same way, I was working retail for about 11 months doing good, I would have anxiety and panic attacks but I would brush it off and go about my day.

About 8 weeks ago I had major anxiety at home one night, I ended up not going back to work and could not drive to far from home

since then I have been working on getting better and making peace with my anxiety, I have a nasty cold right now so that does not help...

I've been to places that where busy and I went to check out and ended up ditching my shopping cart and leaving just to rush home, weird how anxiety seems to disappear when we get near home.

• Posted

sometimes I just want to stay home and not leave but i have to work, sometimes I wake up having an anxiety attack and then I feel like im dying and can't get a good deep breath, i fear something is wrong with my lungs but my doctor has listened to my lungs and assures me that nothing is wring

• Posted

I would ask you !!! have you ever felt like this before. If yes then consult to doctor on urgent basis. Experts help always guide you in the right sense.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.