Anxiety increasing because of Virus?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi,I have generalised anxiety disorder,lately watching about the Corona virus on the news is really starting to make my anxiety worse. Anyone else having the same problem? My doctor is currently decreasing my dose for anxiety med as it is in the benzo class of drugs, hard to taper watching the news and worrying about the virus. Just wondering if it's affecting your anxiety and how you are dealing with it. Thanks.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

One if the best decisions I ever made was to stop watching the news. I see articles of it on Facebook and i click hide. My anxiety is bad enough without fake news. Coronavirus is bad but the death rate in America is 0 so far. They will figure it out.

• Edited

Just like any other disease, do your best to not catch it but don't let it control your life and let things be as normal as possible. Worry can make you sick so avoid thinking about it.

• Posted

I appreciate all replys and advice,thank you.

• Edited

hi lee. I wasn't ALL that concerned till today. When I saw how"lightly" our prez is taking this, (for God's sake, he's putting Pense in charge, and look how great he handled the HIV virus in his state!!) I'm not Dwelling on it, but it is a real concern.

and no, it's NOT fake news if you do your research!!

• Edited

Hi Lee. I'm glad I'm not the only one whose anxiety is going through the roof just thinking about this. I have very bad panic attack symptoms and hearing about this virus so much and ads about it is definitely not helping at all. It's terrifying for me and I'm scared to go out publicly now because of this virus but I'm trying my best to avoid the latest updates about it but it's hard to avoid. I hope this bad news can end very soon. I pray for those who do have the virus and I hope they can get better

• Posted

I know,my anxiety is worse right now. I've been trying not to think about it all the time,but every news station etc,that's all they talk about.

• Edited

all we can really do is take precautions. Wash your hands frequently, keep hand sanitizer in your car, at work, at school, and use it, avoid shaking hands with people, touching doorknobs, keep your hands away from your face. All the same precautions that you would take with any other type of virus. There is a plan in place and doctors and scientists are completely involved in figuring this out. It’s not just one person. we just don’t see everything that is being done to help protect us.but we have to do our part too. . they don’t want to create mass hysteria. just take care of yourselves.

• Edited

mine too dont know what to believe anymore. wondering is it all just scaremongering just for likes and clicks. I'm so scared about it. I have a little boy aswell. my anxiety has gone very bad over it

• Posted

I know,I have grown sons and also grand kids, I worry about all of them. I hope we all can stay safe.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.