Anxiety is a liar

Posted , 5 users are following.

What I've learned is that anxiety is a liar. It's also a habit. To change a habit you need to change your mind and actions. As soon as you are facing a difficult situation that tempts you to worry, begin to confess and meditate on Scripture. In this way, you do warfare with the anxiety/fear. Look up scriptures on anxiety and videos like by td jakes or Joyce Meyer. every time your tempted to google symptoms knock it off. Google that instead videos/readings that will help like mentioned above.

When you begin to worry, go find something to do. Get busy being a blessing to someone; do something fruitful. Talking about your problem or sitting alone, thinking about it, does no good; it serves only to make you miserable. Above all else,

remember that worrying is totally useless. Worrying will not solve your problem. Why keep doing what doesn't work. It really is a choice.

3 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

This is so true! Also setting yourself targets to achieve each day really helps!

I've been house bound since Xmas, every time I go into a shop my anxiety would kick in + panick attacks! I'm now on medication which is helping.

Daily I give myself achievements to complete + feel great when I complete them!

Anxiety won't win over us tough guys! Xxxx

• Posted

This is so true. I have been on Citalopram 8 months now.  I still get the old feelings/symptoms now and again. What the meds have doen for me is given me an ability to rationalise and because I do they dissapear.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.