Anxiety is affecting me eating

Posted , 3 users are following.

So lately i have had very bad anxiety when it comes to eating anything. Literally anything. I have a fear of having a food allergy and having anaphylaxis. When i do eat my anxiety causes my throat to feel as though its swelling as well as my tongue even though it isn't. Im always checking in mirrors and continuously swallowing to make sure i actually can. This is driving me insane. The only allergies ive had is dog and cat fur, grass pollen and a couple of years ago i became lactose intolerant. I need reassurance please!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

Try to focus on something else other than your tongue, do some activities that can distract you & consult a doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.