Anxiety is back!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi ive suffered with anxiety for 2 years now. long story short i am petfiried of getting a tummy bug. I have exteme anxiety over being sick. On monday i caught my first sickness bug in 10 years... it wasnt that bad to be honest but im now petrified im gona be ill again?? stupid i know but i cant stop the intrusive thoughts. ive had all the therapy and stuff the only thing that helps me is talking/ writing about it..... i work full time and being in situations i cant control seem to trigger it.... help?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am wondering if you know deep inside that you must protect yourself from environments such as work and family environments, having an introvert personality... And the discomfort in your stomach, makes you aware of your need to protect yourself from social settings that trigger this?. The fact that you have been physically healthy for 10 years, and then just a very short bout of tummy sickness, says to me that you are thinking its your physical health you must guard..but it is actually your emotional health, and your need for quiter simple or natural environments you must guard, that keep your tension from being triggered. You seemed to have learned at an early age to be worried about the consequences of stressful environments, rather than the stressful environment itself, that you can possibly monitor at this time in your life.??
  • Posted

Talking always helps. We're here to listen to you, Beth, and which one of us isn't afraid of being sick? I get so anxious I vomit and Diazepam are the only things to stop it. Pray my Doc keeps prescribing them ! little miracle gems. Last night I ate six Rowntree fruit gums at bed time and at 3.30 a.m. I woke up feeling sick. The Diazepam worked for me, thank God. I think the medication I take make me crave sweet things because I never used to buy sweets or cakes, now I buy them all the time. Does your GP prescribe anything for your anxiety? I take Mirtazapine and Pregabalin. I would guess you are suffering from anxiety. Time to see your doctor.
  • Posted

I am a believer that talking through and cognitive therapy can be great for anxiety conditions, and many do not need medication to deal with this. Being able to figure out the thought process contributing to worries or concerns, is sometimes all that is needed..
    • Posted

I have had CBT and i am currently seeing a therapist. I take 10mg of Amitriptalyne for my IBS and they help me sleep. Ive always had a fear of illness even since i was young. Talking about it always makes me feel better i find. My emotional health is in tatters but my physical health is better than most. Its just a constsnt battel with my mind which gives me horrific anxiety.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.