Anxiety is back.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I  have just joined this forum and I would like to tell you a bit about my anxiety.I have always been an anxious person and have always bottled my feelings have had periods of severe anxiety during stressful times .This latest time was I was in pain with my knee and everything was going through my mind like is it arthritis because I need to be able to walk for my job so my mind was doing summmersaults my knee is okay.Of course the anxiety started not as bad as before but when I get up it starts I try to get on with my day and later it seems to subside in the evening then starts all over again the next day.Thanks.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

That is very common... I used to wake up every morning with anx just the same and by late arvo/evening it would subside.

Its due to the levels of cortisol that is naturally in our bodies in a morning.

I have to keep my eye on the ball with the anx.. as it was kicked off by health anxiety so if i feel off , or have a twinge or pain it lurks waiting to pounce.

Try coping skills, breathing, meditation, progressive muscle relaxation is good.

Hang in thére x

• Posted

I suffer a rare Arthritis and it effects my legs, hips and spine, I also have problems with my hands and feet. There are medications to help anyone with Arthritis although you sound quite young and if that is the case you have most probably twisted something. Talk to your GP if the pain is bad, to reduce the swelling you can purchase Nurophen over the counter, this reduces swelling in the joint and helps you get better. You could also try some types of NSID Creams, that again can be purchased at the chemist. The ointment should help quite quickly  and the tablets may help in about a week. If the problem is still there have words with your GP.

BOB

• Posted

How you dealing with it
    • Posted

I am just trying to ride the storm I dot want to take medication.It is so hard and draining.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.