Anxiety is controlling and ruining my life. This is a call for help.

Posted , 7 users are following.

My name is Tyler. I've come to a forum to seek some sort of solace. I'm 23 years old and I'm healthy. So they tell me but I suffer from extreme anxiety, hypochondria and depression for going on 6 years. Im at my breaking point. It completely controls and ruins my everyday life.

Lately, my whole life has been a whole anxiety attack. From the moment I wake up until I go to sleep. My life doesn't feel like it is a reality. I live in a fog. My heart races all day leaving me exhausted, I suffer from aches and pains and I always think of the impending doom that is coming to me in the coming seconds. Since I also suffer from hypochondria these things do not go well together. Anytime I feel brain fog or these feelings of Un reality I tell myself I have a brain tumor and I'm surely dying. Any pains it's a tumor or a blood clot. I convince myself that I'm dying and it causes anxiety. It's a never ending cycle and as of late has caused me to become very depressed. I can't even go to work in fear of an attack. The only time I feel safe is at home in my bed or when I'm asleep. I left work today on the verge of a mental breakdown. On the verge of admitting myself into the hospital. I am on an antidepressant every day and it doesn't seem to be doing its job. My depression is killing me. Does anyone else feel this way? I don't know much longer I can continue living this way. Please talk to me.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I feel the very same way to the word I was really bad a year and a half ago I'm 23 also but I start to beat Ito could not function atal I stopped eating afraid to leave my home I was totally gone I went the doc and they wanted to give me pills I said no I lost like 3 stone in3 months I was 16 dropped 13 but I somehow made most of it go away the odd time I'd get the feeling again but I was able to deal with it better now I'm back 16 stone and it's back full blown out of nowhere my problem is chest pain I have it non stop my obsession is thinking I'm going to have a heart attack at any giving moment I'm fairly healthy I don't smoke or drink and up to when all this kicked off I was very active even doe I'm over weight but not by much I'm thinking about going the doctor and getting medication because I have 2 children and girlfriend of 8 years and they need me I'm at breaking point also and in need desperate need of help you don't suffer alone with this cures I often have people tell me just to get over it but that seams impossible at this moment Help !!
  • Posted

I am so sorry this has been happening to you. I'm not a doctor or anything but I kinda know how you're feeling. I think i started having anxiety at the age of 14 and it took me almost 2 years to figure that out. I had multiple tests done on me. I had my heart monitered, chest x-ray, etc. It is really hard livng with anxiety but stay strong! What helps me feel better is excersing. Excersing really helps you take your mind off of things, gets you in shape, gives you endorphines, and is really fun! Try doing yoga, and eating healthier that should help a little. Another thing you can do is see a therapist. Maybe she/he could help with both anxiety and depression? If I were you I would stop taking the medicine, unless your doctor says otherwise, and excersise, run, eat healthy, drink lots of water, etc. Start out small though, so like first run in your house then in your neighborhood, then at your gym, and that will probably help. You can also pray too, that always helps!

Take care!

• Posted

i know how u feel i feel in a constant fog and unreality which causes me to think im going crazy and i get bad panic attacks im on2 weeks of anti depressants and idk if they are helping ;( i hate feeling this way too ;( how do u deal with this? i just try to distract myself which is so hard!
  • Posted

Hey Tyler, I'm 26 years old. I'm new to anxiety, but the same way you're feeling everyday is the way I have been feeling as well. It's so overwhelming, the pain, the thoughts, the derealization... everything. Have you been on the same medication for 6 years?
    • Posted

im 26 also! its horrible isnt it? especially the derealization?
  • Posted

Hey Segavaxx

I know what you are dealing with...as I reply I am goiing through an anxiety attack...close to a panic attack and keep thinking I am going to have a heart attack. Been dealing with this since 2008 with better periods and not so good periods like the last month or so again. Measured my BP and Pulse and all is normal but the feeling of imminent doom is still here. I have been on long term therapy with two different phsycologists and on anti-deps since many years. Nothing appears to be working at the moment....I have fibro, heart neurosis, untercostal pain and inflammation, extreme muscle stifness, lower and mid back pains, neck pains and periods of real depression which really mess my up. My marriage is suffering badly, my job is suffering badly and I was on sick leave almost all of December. Nervous about going back on Monday....the fear of having a panic attack. It sucks..I know...hard to give advice, but we have to keep fighting this nightmare.....

Tom

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.