Anxiety is far worse

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi all. Sorry for returning so soon.

My anxiety has reached a peak and I am not sure how to break the cycle.

I posted on here a few days ago about my brain tumour fear which I have had now since the very beginning of this year after a virus left me feeling woozy and off balance.

I have been to see my doctor four times since and detailed my symptoms and explained my fear. I was told that it was a mixture of severe anxiety - current and severe life stresses as well as fluid build up in my ear.

I've had frequent panic attacks as I continued to believe I have a tumour and now I find myself checking every sensation, every feeling and 'waiting' to feel instead or woozy (which sometimes brings it on.)

I have floaters in my eyes and find myself checking them constantly or worrying they are becoming worse (even though I had a VERY thorough eye test only a few months ago and was given the all clear.)

I now seem to have caused panick attacks in which I fear losing control, losing train of thought and not being able to converse. My palms get sweaty and I find I have to fidget my legs to keep it at bay.

I get so over whelmed with anxiety that I bring on confusion or feel like my brain is not functioning right just through fearing these things. I am terrified that I have a tumour which is destroying my brain despite the amount of attention my doctor has given me.

Every little change in my body I notice and attribute to the one thing which elevates my anxiety.

I am currently starting counciling. What else can I do?

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Anxiety can come in waves, it's weird you start to feel better then it creeps back to you, that's why it's good to get help ASAP to slow down the monster. If I could do it with the Anxiety I had you can do it and I promise you it will get better, just be honest with your Dr. about how you feel and you will get the proper care. Good Luck.

• Posted

Thank you. I do find sometimes my anxiety can hit me when I'm starting to relax.

At the moment it's worse. I haven't been sleeping well which made the woozy sensation worse (though I managed to have a better nights sleep last night,) and so my anxiety creeps in as I begin to panick over my health.

I was told the issue was my ears, which feel quite uncomfortable at the moment also.

I managed to have a couple of days a week or so ago where it was gone and then it creeps back. I'm trying to take my mind off of it by doing other things but it is hard when I feel off balance and then I can sometimes bring on a panick attack where I am convinced I am dying.

• Posted

Awwwwww man, listen...........go and read all the other posts on the Anxiety Forum.

I'm serious. You'll soon find you're not alone.

Stay right here with us. We are better at reassuring you than Dr. Google, who never passed his exams, BTW.

Hugs.

• Posted

No Google really doesn't help. Every symptom I searched came back with 'brain tumour' links and that certainly made me a lot worse!

• Posted

Try not to use google for medical advice. It causes greater anxiety, honestly.

Everyone will tell you the same.

• Posted

Yes... I shan't be doing it again and especially as things I have previously 'googled' spring into my mind whenever I find myself experiencing something or doing something - which I then relate to my fear... And make myself worse.

I seem to be scrutinising everything that I do or feel, wondering if it is normal or a sign/symptom that I have a tumour and then I panick myself terribly which makes my mind feel like it Suddenly whooshes as if I'm about to fly off. If I take some deep breaths and relax I do feel back to normal but it's hard to suppress my anxieties.

• Posted

I think CBT would be great for you. It sounds silly but try and notice your negative thought patterns. Even just for a few hours. When you have a bad thought try and recognise it as anxiety and then think about or do something else. See how different you feel after that.
  • Posted

I really think when Anxiety has taken over your thoughts and feelings that Meds are the fastest way to get some relief, go see a Pychatrist and tell them everything that you are feeling, they can start the healing process and with some counselling its a double dose, you said you don't won't to try Meds again but I really think it's the right choice, not to convince you on that but I know how you feel. NO MORE DR GOOGLE ALSO!!!

• Posted

I am staying away from doctor Google. It's really done me no favours and my own dr warned me against it as well.

Because I am so tired the woozy feeling has been worse, as have my ears (they are crackling and popping fairly frequently,) so I try to ease myself by reminding myself that they are the cause of my imbalance and take some time to relax.

I am sure that if I did have something seriously wrong that nine months later I would know of it by now. But the worry is there still

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.