Anxiety is ruining me

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I'm 26 and a mother of 3 young children recently my anxiety has got out of control it's basically ruining my life I had a bad panicked attack at the wheel and I crnt drive no more I don't even want to go out anymore I'm scared incase I have a panick attack while I'm out what do I do I'm petrified I constantly have 24/7 symptoms for the past week I have been feeling really sick and have no appetite is this normal with anxiety any advice or abit of support would help,,,,,

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Feeling sick and lack of appetite is completely normal with anxiety. I have it the majority of the time, at least for a few hours a day, and I know that it is difficult to differentiate between anxiety and a sickness bug it kills me! But it is normal, as my therapist told me, and panic attacks are normal and it may be helpful to get a therapist or something as you don't want to be in fear of driving ever again, as you may need to soon.

I hope this has helped a bit!

• Posted

Thank you Aimee I kno it's awful everytime I get in the car my anxiety kicks in and I start panicking I don't know how to overcome it I have started seeing a therapist only seen her once Upto now back there next week it's just taking over my life all little symptoms you think how can anxiety cause that xx

• Posted

I know it sucks sad anxiety is the worst, I hope everything goes well with your therapist and get you back on your feet! I wouldn't wish this anxiety on anyone sad it is very awful, and it does take over life, but I hope in time it will all get better smile

• Posted

I made it thru motherhood and my kids are grown yp. I thank God daily for that. I know how you feel. It really sucks and the worries invikved are endless and the guilt in there stinks. Just be sure to be in theraoy because its heloful. If you can take meds and want too and it can helo you..go for it. I use to spend hours and hours when they were young with outdoor playtime, board games and all that. I was the house that everyine played at as a result. So the kids were always having fun. I sat there haha i like the outdoors.  I did my best. All you can do. You are probably more attentive to your kids then you realize. Thats the truth. Time goes by very fast if that is any consolation. And everything doesnt fall on your shoulders either.  It just feels that way. 
    • Posted

Thank you means a lot It just sucks how I used to take them everywhere and holidays and that and now I crnt even walk to the park I watch them play and I think why me why do I have to feel like this I want to do the things I used to be able to do make memories I just need to be me again x
  • Posted

Your concerns are real 

Generally with your fear you need to get back at the wheel, your GP can prescribe medications to help you and as long as you do not overdose you can get back your confidence  and use your car.

Some CBT may be also prescribed to give you coping exersises

If you need to chat we are here

BOB

• Posted

Thank you I kno I have never been a nervous driver but I had a really bad panick attack at the wheel and since then I get scared of driving I need to try and overcome it but don't kno how to

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.