anxiety is ruining my life

Posted , 3 users are following.

A few months ago I was told by my doctor that I had a polip in my left ear. I suffered for a couple of months until my op. Since my op I had a anxiety attack I thought I was going to die. Now im constantly think that I am everyday. Every little chest pain or pain in my stomach I fear the worse. I suffer with high blood pressure which im on medication for. I know about the dangers of high blood pressure but I know my medication is keeping it under control. But I constantly think there is a problem. I have had 4 ECG's in 3 weeks. And im starting to not want to be on my own. My wife works and so do 2 of my sons my 3rd son is still at school. When im on my own I can feel every thing start to become worse eve though they are not. Im constantly checking my pulse. And if I dont feel it straight away I start to anxious. I habit told my doctor yet. But am due to see him tomorrow( 12.8.14 )..... I need to get it sorted..... by the way im 40 and I have only had anxiety attacks since my operation.... In a way its nice to see im not alone but still no-one to talk to. Some times I think there is no way out and im stuck Ikea this for ever but after ready these posts I can start to try and see the light at the end of the tunnel.....any advice is welcome ... thanks

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jai.  It sounds like you need to ask your doctor to refer you to see a counsellor so that you can talk through your fears and learn some coping techniques.  It can be really good to talk to someone you know is there to help.  Be very truthful with your doctor as it won't help if you play down your anxiety as he/she won't know how bad you're feeling if you do.

Don't worry, you're definitely not alone and you can come on here anytime and let us know how you feel or ask questions.

• Posted

Thankyou keepgoing. I just need to talk about it but stuck at a point of where and who to go to. And embarrassing as it may seem you have opened a door and brought a tear of joy to my eyes. And I say embarrassing cause I'm a 40 yr old man. I will take my first step and go see my doctor tomorrow. 
  • Posted

Try not to fall in to medication pal only covers the problem doesn't solve it . Go on youtube and look for hypnosis for anxiety keeps me calm try it as many days as you can you  will see difference there is cbt therapy I start that in 4  weeks its a 5 week long wait but will be worth waiting ye and any time you need to talk mate were here trying to cope with the same thing chin up stay 💪👍👍👍
    • Posted

Thankyou for the reply Paul. I have got to the point where I'm constantly checking my pulse every 5 minutes. I know in myself and have been told that my heart is perfectly healthy but my mind takes over and thoughts start to race. I find it hard to sleep at night. Especially when my wife is on nights at work. Like tonight. 
    • Posted

Its bad for me im 20 and I thought I was having heart attack its that bad but I have been doing hypnosis and i think its starting to work I have been doing for 3 days I haven't thought I was having heart attack I dont feel like I have health anxiety any more but iv got man flu lol so it will probably come back I havent had a panic attack in a few days iver so I think its working 
  • Posted

Well didn't fall asleep till 5 am. My mind would not shut down. Im at the doctors today at 4.15. But in the mean time since I have woke up I keep having short waves of anxiety attacks. Feel sick all the time. Mild to serve dizziness.my jaw aches, and the chest pains are more frequent today, and a racing mind . I know there is nothing seriously wrong. Im at the point now where I cant take it any more. Feeling really lethargic today. All I want is my old happy go lucky. bubbly. Active, fun loving self back. I cant even go back to work yet. As I work as a personal assistant in care for people with dementia and paranoid Schizophrenia. I hope the doctor can help me today.
  • Posted

they can put you on medication but that will only cover it  ask to get referred for cbt 
    • Posted

I'm currently on medication for high blood presure. Taking meds makes my anxiety worse cause I worry about side effects. I know I have to take my losartan potassium tablets to keep my BP stable so they don't seem to make me worry so much. But I don't think I can face taking medication so I will ask my doc about CBT and relaxation therapy. One thing I will give my self is I do have determination to beat this no matter how hard or how long it takes. But I'm going to remain on this site once I have beat it to help others. And I thank every one that has replied and given advice. I don't think I could of got this far with out all of you to talk to. 
    • Posted

Its fine m8 honestly try hypnosis for anxiety on youtube its really relaxing 
  • Posted

Let me know how you get on pal
    • Posted

Update on my visit to my doctors. I am now waiting an appointment for CBT. Doctors dosnt want me to go on medication. 
    • Posted

Thats a good thing and how long do you have to wait for a cbt myn is 5 week but 4 to go now 
    • Posted

That's great.  CBT should help.  As Paul mentions above, it might be worth looking at some Hypnosis tapes or relaxation tapes in the short term.  Perhaps if you know you're going to be on your own you could set yourself a project so that the time will pass more quickly and you'll have something else to concentrate on.  And, try to make sure you get enough sleep - the world is so much easier to deal with when you've had a good night's rest biggrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.