Anxiety is ruining my life

Posted , 3 users are following.

Well my names Jake and I'm 21.. I'm in pretty good shape, and I have a serious case of Health Anxiety, I feel like I'm constantly dying, my heart very rarely beats fast, which makes me think how is this anxiety? I feel like I'm losing it, I've gotten blood work done and they keep telling me it's anxiety, I feel like I've lost feeling with my body, if one little thing feels off I send myself thinking the worst involving my health, I'm just worried about the fact that I don't feel normal, my body doesn't feel the same, I feel numb when these episodes happen and like I'm going to fall over dead, any advice from someone facing this? Thank you.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey jake my name is Jonathan I to suffer from bad anxiety or ember my first one when I was 9 yrs old every since then I have been kinda on edge and able to live a normal life..i think I have depression as well wether the anxiety is causing it I don't know..I went down bad when I was 18 stayed in bed all day and felt like my like was coming to and end..I went to the doctor and they put me on antidepressants but I did not like the way they made me feel so I just tufted out and eventually the depression and anxiety when away. But here I am now at 27 I just had a newborn son I have a four-year-old daughter and I'm trying to start my own mechanic shop I think all the stress is the onset of all of what I'm going through but it's back again but this time the anxiety is real bad my stepbrother Takes Klonipin and he gave me one and I feel Great I can operate throughout the day but I'm too scared to get addicted to them so I stay away from him as much as I can but I'm suffering so bad I find myself taking them at least twice a day I don't have any health insurance and I'm currently trying to get some to get help I feel like I'm doomed and my thoughts race and I can't relax it really sucks.have you gotten any help for your anxiety

• Posted

Thanks for the reply! And I used to be prescribed lexapro and Zoloft but they made me feel worse on them. So I was taken off and felt better for a while and now I'm right back to where I am now, it's terrible man, I don't feel like myself, it feels like I'm out of body, my body is numb it seems constantly I'm just not myself.

• Posted

today i feel better but can feel the anxiety and a little bit of depersonalization but know where near yesterday and the day before but man i tell you what i hate meds but for the past three days i have been taking 0.5 clonazepam until i can see a doctor but i tell you what they have me on the right track i only take them when i feel real bad.this morning i was kinda having some anxiety but fought it off and did not take the pill and right now i feel pretty good.have you tryed clonazepam?
  • Posted

If you are so healthy and in good shape how do you square of those feelings of death. Over the months I have seen Anxiety sufferers and all seem to be in the first thirty years of live with the greatest number been in their teens to late twenties, I would love to work out why this is the case as honestly you all have a full live awaiting you.

When it comes to feelings of going to die do you not feel if it was your time to go you could not do anything about it when it is the end, that is it, we see those who left before us and have one big party

When I was younger I was like you and I would look up to the blue sky and tears would well up in my eyes at the thought that this or next year could be my last.

Eventually in my mid twenties I understood I was unable to do anything and in fact I began to live more and achieve many different things in life. Now I am a Pensioner and I have had a Chronic Illness for the last thirty years. Since then I have had all the tests not for Anxiety, for my Chronic Disability. I also suffer Depression because of all the pain I suffer.

Now I enjoy trying different activities and even when disabled I reach out and try to push my condition.

To be honest, try understanding your body and the tests your GP may have you suffer at your own request that may help you understand risks you need not concern yourself of

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.