Anxiety is ruining my life why me??

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have anxiety and depression now the last 6 months and it has completely turned my life upside down! I'm 17 years old and I used to lovey my life I used to love school used to love my social life u loved everything and the one thing I loved the most was my dancing! I've been dancing all my life and even my stupid anxiety has taken over my dance life too! I'm not half as fit as I used to be! Because of my sh**ty anxiety SYMPTOMS and I'm always tired Cus of it always lightheaded which gets in the way of my day to day activities, everyday I'm so scared to move from my bed in case I faint or something I've felt dizzy and off balance everyday for the past 6 months! I HATE IT I've had suicidal thoughts too and it's getting so unbearable😞

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi rachel i know exactly how u feel i feel just like u say. But just remember ur not alone theres loads of us goin through the same as u. Chin up and neva give up wink
  • Posted

Yes anxiety can certainly ruin our lives. I am usually happy and hyper now I'm always sad, scared and depressedsad
    • Posted

That was mine about 2 weeks ago it's seriously so draining I think it's either so physically draining or I really have some sort of bad disease.
  • Posted

Dear Rachel, reading your post made me feel like I wanted to give you a big hug. To have such anxiety makes no sense,these feelings we have are so extreme and so consuming that they can completely handicap us and those around us. It's difficult to make others understand how you can have these feelings and be so talented in other ways. Around a year ago I was very unwell and the community psychiatric nurses told me about the 10 minute rule, try doing something for 10 minutes if it doesn't work have a break then when you are able to try something again try something, anything, reading,washing up,going for a walk,anything. At first I thought they had no idea how I was feeling, but after a few days this started to work and I gradually started to get life on track again. Dear Rachel dancing is a wonderful way to express yourself,if you can use dancing to make yourself better. If in any small way this can help you to just start to begin to claim back this life that belongs to you, then start . If things don't go to plan be kind to yourself, there's always tomorrow.written with warm right.
  • Posted

P.S. that should have said warm regards.
    • Posted

Awh thank you nancy so much really means a lot! I shall defiantly try that and take your advice thank you!x
  • Posted

Dear Rachel,I haven't seen a post from you,I hope today is a better day,things never stay the same warm regards Nancy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.