Anxiety is ruining my whole life..what to do?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey y'all. I'm a 21 year old female with a long history of anxiety. I gave birth to my daughter last year and I feel like ever sine, I've had new anxiety sytomps come up. I started having tension headaches and my doctor said it was from anxiety. Now, I might add I'm also on antibiotics, i've been having weird feelings on the right side of my face on and off. I went to my doctor to see if it was my antibiotics, anxiety, stress, or something serious. He said "its not a stroke" and also doesnt think its a brain tumor or anything more serious, but simply anxiety and stress. How have you guys handle this and has anyone ever dealt with this kind of anxiety sytomp before.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Yes I have and I've seen it written many times on the forums.

You would be amazed at the feelings,sensations,thoughts that anxiety is responsible for.

Just keep affirming to yourself Hun that it's just anxiety....eventually your mind will learn this and you will stop panicking and thinking the worst xxx

• Posted

did you ever have it in your ear too? i forgot to add I get the weird feeling on the top part of my ear
    • Posted

I had a kind of numbness...then tingling in my face,neck and ears. Only for a little while though. It subsided after I had been on medication about six weeks xxx
    • Posted

Hey Victoria. I too get the same thing on the left side of my head/ ear and ear ringing. Like a fullness almost. 

I've read many other people hav the same signs and symptoms and they've mentioned it's in a book on anxiety. 

My advice to you is relax tell yourself you will be fine, go take a long shower to distract your mind. Watch a movie that u can really get involved in. Oh and make sure to start eating a balanced diet and trying to get full nights of sleep if possible.  Google natural serotonin production foods. 

• Posted

You need a distraction,  and to take some deep breaths and try to ease your self. CBT can help loads and there are meds but most are short term.
  • Posted

Hi i would get a second opinion off a drifferent gp, look up mindfullness videos on YouTube hun, try relax, bath candles, breathing techniques to help with the anxiety, hope this help. Julie x
  • Posted

What are some things you guys do to help take your mind off things? When I work, I tend to take my mind off everything and focus on feeding my patients and making sure their day is good and if there is something I can do to help, that helps, but I only work a couple hours a day a couple times a week, and I hate the area I live in, crime rate is a little high and I don't feel safe. I use to go on walks and that helped, but it also being winter, I can't really do that. Any good ideas that I could do at home? I'm going to try arts and crafts and I have done video games before as a child but no game stystem now,
    • Posted

Hi i use meditation, mindfullness, and positive thinking, play games, watch movies read, hope this helps. Julie x nice horlix at night x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.