Anxiety is so similar to heart attacks I can't seem to differentiate. 😩

Posted , 5 users are following.

OK. So I suffer from an anxiety disorder. But every time I get a symptom, for example like, chest pain, I think what if this is actually a heart attack? 😖😖 I've looked up heart attack symptoms and they are sooo sooo soo similar to anxiety attacks. Its so scary to me. I can't seem to differentiate the two. Heart attack symptoms either don't go away in 10 mins, or come and goes. But my anxiety symptoms don't go away in just 10 mins either and they also sometimes comes and goes. For example my chest pain that I get. Sometimes it takes a while for it to go like a hour or maybe even two. Other times it comes and goes. So its like omg what is it? 😩😟😰 I swear this is killing me. I been to the ER many many times. They said everything fine. But its like theres no way to be sure. I get all the symptoms of a heart attack. Chestpain, sweating, anxiety, back pain,shoulder pain, abdominal pain, shortness of breathe, headaches, numbness on one side of body or sometimes all over. Its driving me nuts. As i am writing this, I'm having a bad headache and chest pain right in the middle that feels as if someone were to put pressure there 😖 I also feel as if I were to have something in my throat and I keep swallowing but the feeling is still there. Idk if I should just wait it out and maybe die, or go to the ER. Iam going crazy!! Even though I been having this anxiety disorder for 2 months and I know I do, I still can't get through this thought if I am gonna die of a heart attack. I need help.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I am going through everything you going through! I use ignore the symptoms even tho it gets hard. Try watching a favorite funny show. But everything is normal don't worry.

• Posted

I've been in exactly your position, trying to google what a heart attack feels like, what angina feels like, what anxiety chest pain feels like. 

I've had it all, i've have chest pain with shortness of breath, ive had stabbing chest pain, ive had dull crushing chest pain, ive had chest pain so strong ive had to grit my teeth, ive had chest pain whenever i excercised, jaw pain, left arm pain.. At the end of all the tests, ecg, 72 hour ecg, echocardiogram, stress perufsion cardiac mri, what did they find?

Nothing.. My heart is structurally fine, unfortuantly it took all those tests to convince myself, and wouldn't you know it, the chest pain went.. i barely ever get chest pain now. Your minds very powerful, if you worry about something enough you'll convince your body somethings wrong. 

I googled and i googled and i googled, i diagnosed myself with angina, valve defects, coronary arteries birth defects, everything.. 

if you've had the tests and they've come back fine please convince your self that it is anxiety, I wish i could turn back time to not waste those months worrying about the chest pain, it took me stupid amount of uncomfortable tests (I was in a claustrophobic small tunnel, not even high enough to lift my head up, MRI tube while they injected me with a medicine to make my heart race up to 160/170 beats per minute) can you imagine how horrible/uncomfortable that was? they gave me a panic button to pull me out.

your mind is creating your symptoms. Your symptoms are real just like mine were, but they're all from anxiety. 

• Posted

Omg I'm the SAME way. I'm having right arm pain right now and I just googled it and its telling me its a heart attack. I've been to my cardiologist and they have done stress test, ekgs, 24 hour holter test, echo cardiogram, and in the er they have done chest xray, and blood work and everything is fine. But yet I get these symptoms that are so real and painful. Like I Must have something and the doctors are missing it. I need more persuasion lol. Ahh I'm going crazy lol lol

• Posted

I know right! It was the arm pain that did me, i started to get arm pain with my chest pain and i was like right thats it, the docs are missing something!

But nope, all came back clear and i havent had arm pain since. Its crap because you look like your making it all up, your some kind of wierdo to the doctor to but to you its 100% real! I genuinely had really bad chest pain and arm pain. Trust me your heart is fine, anxiety is mad the way it can affect us. It takes some time convincing yourself but try and maybe go for a bike ride or something? Prove to yourself your hearts fine

• Posted

P.s i know your probably thinking 'yeah your alright but theres defiantly something wrong me, anxiety cant make these symptoms' just like i was when someone tried to tell me it was anxiety.

Trust me anxiety can make these symptoms, i know first hand it can! Quicker you convince yourself that the quicker it will stop. Otherwise keep going back to the cardioligist, crash your private health care like i did, keep getting tests back that was normal but still be convinced theres something wrong.

• Posted

Get a full cardio exam. Thats how you know. Doctor will diagnose you. Believe the results these heart tests are very very thourough. Then go watch a video on the heart and a panic attack so you clearly understand that adrenaline rush immediately effects the hearts as oart of the survivor fight or flight. It does that so you have the energy and oopf to get out if danger. Although your fight or flight is in iverdrive and mal functioning so there isnt danger. Your mind doesnt know its fake so what yiu feel is the cause and effect if the rush. pure cause and effect if the chemicals/hormones.  You need to get help to mange the anxiety disorder or learn not to fear the rush. Not an easy thing to do but that the truth.you wont die from a heart attack if your hearts in perfect shape love. I dont why you dont believe tests resukts, thats the anxiety bullying you. You wont go crazy, you do need to come out of denial, but you wont go crazy.
    • Posted

😟😟😟😟😟 I am so depressed because this has gotten to me so bad like I don't even go out. Right now as I'm typing, now I have right arm pain . idk it feels like muscle pain but at the same time it feels like soreness. As if I were to be lifting weights on that one arm. And it comes and goes and when it comes it feel like a 10 from a scale from 1-10 and that's the only place that hurts right now. Idk I am soooo paranoid I keep googling every symptom. And they all say heart attack and how heart attacks are silent killers cause they could only cause arm pain by itself. I swear if I'm not gonna die of a heart attack, it'll be because of my anxiety driving me crazy. Ahhh lol

• Posted

Aww this is controllable love. Dont stay in that state of mind anymore, seek helo from the doctor. You might need some medicine to help you out. Why dont you make an appointment with your doctor, or have your mom do it if your too nervous too or 21 or under and go. Tell the doctor whats happening. You dont have to live like this there so much fun to be had. Your too overwhelmed by it thats not fair to you. I send you a huge hug and please let the doctor know whats going on. Believe me they hear it all day long. But i will tell you you wont die from, its a life debilatator and ruiner  but it wont kill you. All the pains and aches and palps you feel is from adrenaline rushes running thru you. It effects the body.
  • Posted

Diana, your heart is fine. You've had loads of tests at the ER and they were all fine.

I undestand your anxiety but you need to believe the doctors.

You're not going to have a heart attack because there's nothing wrong with your heart.

But you are showing all the classic symptoms of Health Anxiety.

Please visit your PCP and discuss this. You probably need meds and you certainly need therapy, so that you can calm down, my love.

Hope this helps.

Love Tess xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Posted

I use to have the chest pain and it feels like its the heart but its really the chest wall. You may get palpitations aswell but the best practice for all that is, say to yourself if im gunna die its gunna happen in 10 seconds, and count down. That usually helps me. I know its a lot easier said than done but just try to tell yourself you arent going to die.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.