Anxiety left side buzzing sensations, scared!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Going out of my mind with worry, so I've had anxiety on and off for years but this time it's scaring me. Had quite a stressful few months, pressure at work, moved house etc... I'm a Mum of 4 and naturally constantly worried about them, making sure they have everything etc. What started off as me thinking I was suffering a burnout, totally overwhelmed with 'life' and responsibilities has now lead to crippling health anxiety. Every morning I wake with tingling down my left side, arm and leg, sometimes face. This seems to have started after a huge aura migraine which wiped me out for a few days. Now I cannot shake it off, I wake in the morning panicking how I can get through each day, knowing the tingling and numbness almost makes me question if I can walk properly? I also have tinnitus and a full left ear pressure.

I'm currently off work after having surgery for Endometriosis but that seems the least of my worries. This anxiety is crippling, the sensations on my left side are petrifying me. Had a recent clear CT head scan and all blood work ok. How can I get over this? I need my life back. I have a tense lower left back & neck which doesn't help, scans on these haven't shown anything serious. So scared feeling like this every day.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

This is a little long, but I am a veteran of stress and anxiety and I’ve had every symptom and sensation related to that. I also burnt myself out, I’m so sorry you are going through that. I know exactly what you are talking about. When I was in my 20s, I suddenly had vibrating sensation in my head, arms and legs. Also floaters in eyes, tinnitus in left ear, sometimes lightheaded, and in the beginning, I had the tingling sensation in my arms and legs. All my testing also came out normal. All of my sensations were due to stress and anxiety I had for quite a while. It sounds just like what you are going through right now.

Since you had the testing and it’s OK, it’s important to work on slowing down your mind, and relaxing it as much as you can! I know you have children at home and it’s probably difficult to do that. But if you could find a way to. Do some relaxing breathing and try to catch a meditation on YouTube for anxiety. There are some short ones like 10 minutes long that perhaps you could do at some point. you have got to stop and do something for yourself because when you are healthy, that’s great for your children also. I had to learn that myself.

when I take care of myself, that way, the sensations diminished or went away.

Remember that any symptoms or sensations created by anxiety and stress will not harm you. But I know how terrible they feel.

I’m way older than you in my 50s. And even now, if I don’t take care of myself, and get stressed out, I will get some of those sensations, although not as strong as they were in the past. Basically now I just ignore them and listen to a soothing meditation.

I had to learn to put myself first for everybody’s sake.

The more you get upset about it the more you all have those sensations. I’ve experienced that many times.

so the main thing I learned over these years is to take care of myself! I had to let things go, sometimes like when the kids made a mess. It’s not worth ruining your health over. let it go! It’s just going to happen again. The next day is what I found out. Trying to keep everything perfect or get everything done can really take a toll on our health as a mother! Slow everything down. Everything will work out and everybody will be OK no matter what. Also, consider getting some counseling you could even do it virtually. One day at a time and don’t sweat the small stuff! Take care. Private message me anytime.

• Posted

thank you so much, I've only just seen this... I had also private messaged you before seeing this after seeing your response to another lady.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.