Anxiety, Lightheadedness and dizziness

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all, for the last week I've had bad lightheadedness and a full feeling in my right ear, I used to get a slight off balance feeling at random times but nothing that worried me but lately it's almost constant and I can bring it on with certain movements, the only way it settles is when I lay down but even then sometimes it still happens. I also have anxiety attacks and I'm very stressed about all of this. I've been to multiple doctors and they just tell me its bppv but I'm not convinced it is as the epley maneuver didn't work and the anti vertigo tablets dont work and I'm thinking I have something life threatening still

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I get bppv seasonally...March and October.   Mine started 2 weeks ago today.  I am now not experiencing the spinning when I roll over or change positions in bed, but I seem to always feel off balance and weird in my head.

I am very cautious as to not lift my head to look up or lower my head to look down.  Feel like I walk around with a stiff head not to move it.   Just hate all this crap!!!!!!  

I have never done the maneavers.  I just wait for it to stop  (usually 203 weeks).........and I complain alot  

• Posted

meant 2-3 weeks
    • Posted

Well that's good it goes away I guess, this is my 4th night with it bad but tonight is different I have a headache on the same side as well as the random vertigo and it throbs every 10-20 seconds or so and advil didn't get rid of it either, kind of worrying

• Posted

Did you doctor check for bppv?   like checking your eyes to see if there were moving when he tested?

There are other exercises other than the epley.

Though mine seems in the last day or so seems to be getting better, I still feel off balance, upset stomach and my feet buzz and go numb

• Posted

He did the epley maneuver but he didn't do it right at all and even when I've done it myself it doesnt make the vertigo worse

• Posted

Update: I've noticed it's now happening a few hours after I wake up and lasting the entire day, I woke up with my right eye stuck shut with gunk and that's the same side my ear feels full

• Posted

Still struggling with this issue, anxiety has caused a few other symptoms too so i dont know what symptom is coming from what now

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.