Anxiety makes me physically sick

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys

I've written here before how anxiety makes me physically sick then I can't eat etc etc. Well I went through a really bad bout a few weeks ago and they put me in hospital. I'm home now and on meds but don't feel any better, I still feel sick and I'm scared to push myself in case it starts the sickness rollercoaster off and I have no appetite although I have been prescribed supplement drinks. I just feel stuck and was wondering if anyone has been here with same sort of symptoms?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi sorry to hear you are so poorly I can sympathise with you I had chronic nausea for 12 weeks last year sometimes I would be sick and others just dry heaves I couldn't eat a thing lost 4 stone in 10 weeks didn't leave my house or move of the sofa much it only went away when I had a enoscopy and got the all clear although I do still get smaller bouts.i have many debilitating symptoms that have stopped my life had lots of tests but just keep getting told anxiety.i know this isn't much help but just wanted you to know your not alone.i used to drink coconut water when I had it bad have you tried it xxxxx 

• Posted

I don't fancy coconut water, the thought of it is yuck lol I don't need an endoscopy as I know it's anxiety, I just don't know how to move forward :-(
    • Posted

Well if you find a answer be sure to share it with me x 
  • Posted

try to accept the fact that they are caused by your anxiety. I have some physical symptoms as well, such as skipping heart beat, muscle cramping etc. I am still learning to deal with skipping heart beat cuz it is pretty scary, it makes me cough when that happens. but i know these are all symptoms of anxiety, and i accept that i have anxiety, i now move back to my normal school life, and keep myself busy. Instead of staying at home studying during the weekend, i go outside and exercise. if you feel like stressed out, try to scream out facing the ocean. That helps. stop thinking about these symptoms, and move on.   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.