anxiety making me depressed

Posted , 7 users are following.

Is There an end to this nightmarI just want to waken up n feel better each day but I just waken up to somethingbelse, I'm still full of anxiety but today ibfeel so fatigued and depressed I just want my life back, this is my 9thday on 20mg citalopram I know it's early days but is it normal to feel worse n depressed at the beginning?  i

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hard isn't it sorry glad you try meds hope they work they take time and it is normal to feel worse before they start to work hope they do let me know how you get on I have same read this and was me but without meds so least you trying and getting help and hopefully on the path to sort it out good luck
    • Posted

hey-if u break ur leg u go to hospital,if ur head has a problem go get it fixed
  • Posted

Hi yes there is an end -today i feel  good,about 80% of my normal self + am going to work this pm.10days ago i thought i wld never get well either from the illness or from side effects of pills -i lost a lot of weight as i was not eating So stay with it.
    • Posted

Thanx sugarcoat what meds u on? N how long u been on them?
    • Posted

been on sertraline/zoloft for 5 weeks tomorrow -i still hav 2 remind myslf that it is still early days + that i will have off days -i'm having one today + yet sunday i felt really great.Annoying but that's life as my wife says
  • Posted

There is an end don't give up hope.  Some days are better than others but if you make allowances for the bad you'll appreciate the good.  Find comfort 
    • Posted

Contd- in knowing tomorrow's another day and that your not alone.  I find keeping myself busy helps me get through anxiety spells smile
    • Posted

Try to keep positive honestly good days will come you need to have faith and not allow anxiety and depression to rule your life
  • Posted

Hi Dizzydoll, I think most of us on here will say you tend to feel worse at the start as the effects of the meds are not immediate but can take a few weeks before you notice any difference. The difference will be slight but take it as a sign that they are starting to help and that every day that passes is a day closer to getting and feeling better. Accept that you will have bad days in between and that they are not set backs just part and parcel of your recovery. 

I used to have no qualms in speaking to my GP either on the phone or appointment and just because he said "see you in a month", if I wanted info or reassurance I'd make contact, or search for info on the net, or as you've done on this site. 

Anxiety and deoression are bed fellows so it's normal, Nick is also right.

It is hard Dizzydoll but hang on to the fact that you will get better. 

• Posted

Hi dizzy doll, just thought I would let you know how I am feeling on day 14 of CIT. Last posted on day 9. Thought I was not going to improve, however slept better last night , woke up this morning and anxiety was less than other mornings, went grocery shopping ( not to good) . Then by mid morning I felt different a lot calmer. Still had a few anxious thoughts but they passed quickly. I know tomorrow I may feel different, but fingers crossed I hope this is me turning a corner. Just remember it will get better( did not think I would be able to say that) I think from day 12 I have felt slightly better and today I actually took the dog for a walk without being forced to, felt good. I will let you know how I go. X
    • Posted

Oh that's good news I'm on day 9 now n Im just loosing the will to live but yeah keep in touch hun x
    • Posted

Glad you are feeling better.  I am having a bad day today.  I don't want to go back on medication but can't cope.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.