Anxiety making me feel dreadful

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does anyone else feel physically really unwell when they get episodes of high anxiety? I feel dreadful lately. Very low mood, shaky, tearful, no energy, muscle tension, sore aching muscles, headaches and a general feeling of sadness. I'm struggling day to day.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Edited

absolutely. Anxiety and stress takes a huge toll on the body. it can make you feel weak, among other things.

i’ve had it all.

Is there anybody you can talk to you about what’s causing the anxiety? I talk to a counselor virtually once every couple weeks and it really helps a lot to vent to somebody else who can help.

Try to take care of yourself as best you can. What I found really helps me is any type of exercise. Even just walking. Exercise is known to calm down the sympathetic nervous system, which is responsible for anxiety.

Make sure you’re drinking lots of water and eating healthy. It’s important to avoid caffeine and sugars, which are inflammatory and increase anxiety.

Take some time out to relax your mind. Listen to soothing meditations for anxiety on YouTube. I do this a couple times a day.

there could be a little bit of depression going on also.

Anxiety and depression often go hand-in-hand. I hope you’re able to talk to somebody about this. Sounds like you could use some support.don’t try to manage it all on your own. it’s too much. Hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Thank you so much for your kind words of wisdom

• Posted

i do, and because i have no appetite i feel really weak too.

how are you today?

• Posted

I feel so rubbish, I have this overwhelming sense of sadness and dread. How are you?

• Posted

I'm not on any medication, I've tried so many anti depressants in the past but have found the side effects seem to affect me very badly, I'mat my wits end. I was driving home from work yesterday and I just wanted to crash the car and end it all.

• Posted

oh lisa this will pass i promise, the fact youre going to work is amazing i am currently off work due to anxiety, always here if you want to message x

• Posted

Thank you Lorraine, that means a lot. Anxiety makes you feel so alone doesn't it. I feel very isolated and I worry about my health alot, health anxiety is my primary issue but I also have GAD and panic disorder. I think losing Mum has made this so much worse. Always here if you want to talk as well xx

• Posted

hi again lisa 👋 have you tried going back to your doctor or different one? i was thinking of going back too because anxiety is SO draining. i dont even feel panic as much anymore just makes me sad and frustrated and feeling ill! i think grief plays a big part. its been 17 years since i lost my mum and the first year was the hardest. you go through all the emotions. fear of becoming ill or waiting for the same fate to happen to you is very common in grief and anxiety. i will say since that first year i have learnt so much about my anxiety and though i struggle some years i do always get through it and better days do come. i hope youre ok and your day has been less anxious

• Posted

Hi. I thought I share my experience with you all.

2 years ago I gone to bed one night and within 5 mins I had a sharp pain in my chest near the heart and I couldn't breath. called the ambulance , they took me in done all checks , ecg, bloodwork etc and everything came back normal. they sent me home. the very next day I was so much on edge I couldn't focus on my normal daily things. that evening again same thing I got out of control panicing so again ambulance.... bloodwork ecg chest xray , all was normal. I was so confused amd scared. 1 week gone by and again same thing happened, I panic I was gasping for air amd decided to walk into a &e as I had a constant pain left side of my chest I was worried. again they did all ecg bloodwork and all fine , they kindly told me not to go in anymore because there is nothing wrong with me, from the getgo they said its panic attacks. I called my gp the next day and he prescribed me alprazolam to take every day morning, lunch, evening. I decided not to after some research. anyways. when I felt an attack coming on I took half a tablet and within 15 mins I was normal again. I would also sleep better. but things didn't stop there. I would wake up in the night sweating , freezing, palpitations, chest pain, fear , I was afraid of dying. I consulted with my gp who referred me to psychologist where they were so ignorant and told me I have to deal with past things blah blah. I never went back again. I been to another bloodtest it was fine also.

I am 36 years old female. generally healthy, have a very good life , I don't even have to work. got a lovely husband etc. I have it all. so these symptoms didnt make sense

but when i was 20 i had 1 of my ovaries removed and the ovarian tube and i cam not get pregnant. im fine with that. i suggested to the psychology person back then that what if my symptoms due to hormonal changes since i miss an ovary and dont function normal

she just said I must understand I have panic disorder.

• Posted

so i thought stuff the doctors i will deal with it alone. i had all symptoms under the sun,

chest pain, tension in chest, right rib paain , breathlessness , intense fear of dying, shaking, disorientation, sweating, lump in throat, freezing, numbness near mouth, stiff neck, leg pain. you name it. today I just about 3 weeks ago started getting this weird pain thing under my right rib. last week I gone to a &e as it was hurting but bloodwork fine, ecg all normal, pee test nor Al everything clear. I have to come to terms with living with this and hope when my hormonal things even out I will eventually don't feel these horrible things. it's panic disorder, and we will ne fine just be strong and hold on. I feel for everyone of you who going through this. we will get through this.

kind regards

E

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.