Anxiety management

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm struggling with my anxiety at the moment. Part of that is the fact I'm living withy dad

Unfortunately I have to persevere. But I'm struggling to manage my anxiety and it's driving a wedge between us

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi James,

Whatever the cause of your anxiety is, it will pass over time.

Living with your dad will cause situations that you both have to have an element of give and take with.

Do you talk with your dad about your anxiety ?

Talking helps a lot also Anxiety and other mental health problems affect 1 in 4 of us so often people who you talk to can empathise with your situation.

• Posted

Exercise helps-- even if it's push-ups in your room.   Can you talk with a therapist--they often have a few suggestions?  Talking also helps.  Even writing down your thoughts in a journal could also help.  My spouse has severe anxiety which makes me anxious at times.  It's very difficult and often times I find myself taking a few deep breaths as I'm dealing with him. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.