Anxiety, mental breakdown, don't know how to get back to where I was?

Posted , 6 users are following.

This is going to be a long post but I will try to shorten it as much as possible. Okay so I had a very rough childhood growing up which made me grow up very fast. I moved out and started working young and didn't get to go to college. I entered a relationship which ended up lasting about 3 years... the guy cheated on me and basically had a family on the side I had no idea about. After finding out about that I ended things and for awhile was doing really great. Just being independent and working hard. However that ended after a few months and I have been going downhill ever since. I've had depression since I was 14-15 and have always struggled with that but after this relationship I now have anxiety too. Not so much panic attacks but more derealization. Where I get brain fog, tiredness, weakness, inability to speak, headaches, dizziness, tunnel vision. I ended up starting school while still working full time and that was going great at first... and then I just broke down. I could barely work and basically needed to sleep all the time because of terrible migraines, tunnel vision, and confusion. I couldn't focus on anything or think clearly. Now after about 3 weeks I am still going in and out of this hazy awful state. I still can barely work and I am out of it most of the time. I am out of money and don't know how I am going to keep doing this... I know I need a break. I need to quit my job that I hate and focus on school until the semester is over BUT I have to pay my bills... No one else can help me and I do not think I qualify for disability. I just don't know how to get back to where I was... I was seeing a counselor a few months ago but she completely disappeared and won't answer my calls?! I guess I just need advice... I don't know what to do really. 

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Therapy is generally the best way forward, which is very different from councilling. Proper Psychotherapy is much more.effective and hopefully longer lasting than councilling
  • Posted

Hi Aubri,

sorry to hear your going through such a hard time at the moment. First things first, might i suggest a quick trip down to your local GP, they can then check to make sure you are okay and relieve any of your fears. It sounds like your burning yourself out what with emotional stress from your relationship break-up and then working and studying at the same time.  Are you eating properly? If not you may need to add a vitamin and mineral supplement into your diet plus ensure your eating enough of the right foods to help you through these stressful times.I know when i'm stressed out and filled with anxiety eating is the last thing on my mind but not eating after a while can cause an upset to your body, in my case i've got low iron levels which have been causing me all manner of symptoms. Also, are you getting enough sleep? Again sleep is so important, it gives your body and mind chance to relax and recouperate, if your not sleeping properly then again the doctor's could help or advise on that too as well as maybe refering you to see another councellor. 

With regards to your job, is there any possiblitly that you could cut some of your hours so your not overloaded? So you can still earn and pay your way but also be able to have time to yourself and to your studies? Maybe worth asking and doing, at least until you could find a job that you'd be more happy with.

Do you have any friends/family that can support you? If work is really something you want to stop or go part-time with then would they be happy for you to lodge, to help bring the bills down?

Try not to be too hard on yourself, you've been through so much and are doing a lot.

• Posted

I know life is hard,im just 14 going trought aniexity depression and panic attacks i think i am going to die by a heart condition but its all in my head like im fighting with my self every day im lightheaded dizzy weak but im feeling stronger everyday.When you feel down just remember there are stuff and people worth living for just keep fighting some people have cancer you can do this head up and keep fighting with your fears sleep well relax eat go walk do something that makes u happy

• Posted

I have been in and out of depression ever since the age of 13-14. I relate with and understand your health condition.

I would advise you to consult another doctor and resume therapy and/or medications.

Road to recovery may look far but believe you me it is definitely worth a shot!

Also, try going for a walk, doing yoga, meditation, etc. It helps especially when we need to rubbish self doubts and fears.

Take care 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.