Anxiety nearly all the time

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've constantly got anxiety symptoms. I put off going somewhere incase I feel really bad there which I have in the past. I have upped my dose of Sertraline from 50mg to 100mg due to anxiety coming back. Only been on 100mg for 3 days. I'm hoping it will change soon. When I went on 50mg 3 years ago it did help a lot. I feel weak,pressure in head and burning feelings. Fed up. Will it go soon if I think positive?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

What anxiety symtoms do you constantly have? And I think that positive thinking helps a lot with people who have anxiety. The more negative you are, the more problems you'll think about. Hopefully your medicine with kick in. I took Zoloft 2 years ago and it made depressing thoughts go away.
    • Posted

You are right positive thinking is the way. I constantly have pressure headaches which are terrible. I can be so weak,burning feeling in face and sometimes tingly all over. I try to think positively that the feelings can't hurt me and to go on doing my things. It's hard though. I'm hoping the up in dose will help soon.
  • Posted

Me too, the levels of anxiety vary but to some degree they're always there. The "butterflies" feeling annoys me, because it makes me feel constantly like something bad will happen. I get pressure headaches and jaw aches, dizziness, shortness of breath, weak feeling, fatigue, spacey feeling, hot/cold sweats.

It's just awful, but mine has improved and that's what I have to keep telling myself, if it's got a bit better, then it can and will get even more better!

• Posted

Yes I get all those symptoms. What I'm trying to do is go somewhere not to far away and build it up and try to push past symptoms. I was able to do this when I went on 50mg of Sertraline . Your attitude is right.
  • Posted

Hi Michelle,

I have the same problem. Have you done hormone test? I am doing it this week to see my cortisol levels.

Definitely positive thinking helps as well as excercise and nutrition. Stay away from caffeine and smoke.

I have also realised that yoga and pilates help a lot to reduce anxiety and stress disorders. If you do it on a daily basis you'll realise how helpful it is.

Cheers

• Posted

Do you have to have the test at your doctors?

Yes I'm going to start plates. I am assuming the pressure will disappear

• Posted

You can either do it privately or arrange it with your GP. As women, we are more emotional and sensitive. Sometimes negative thoughts bring stress and then stress brings panick attacks. Its all in our brain as the brain is the main organ that releases these hormones.

Yoga and pilates help a lot... (not to mention 50 percent of your stress management).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.