anxiety not lifting

Posted , 11 users are following.

I have been on mitazapine fir 4 months for anxiety and depression, i still have lots of anxiety manifesting itself with symptoms such as ear pressure, heart beating fast, feeling as though someone is pulling my face skin, and my brain feeling weird.. does anyone else have these symptoms and had relief from any medication?? Im due to go back to my docs to change my anti d to another one, but want to know if anyone had similiar symptons with successful treatment from medication??

1 like, 43 replies

43 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello again Raj. Glad to read your posts and rhe courage you are showing to start this medication. That, in and of itself, is a wonderful first step to getting the relief you so richly deserve. I am thankful that I had a private consultation with a Psychiatrist who spent the time and asked all the right questions to arrive at a regimen of taking both the Cit and the Remeron. The two are complimenting themselves well so far. Things are looking up and I am sure that one day in the next few months you will be encouraging someone else on this forum with gems of wisdom incurred by taking this med of time. I hope that made sense..lol.
    • Posted

Thank you for your kind words Kaycee.. I’m hoping that the cit works and removes this flippin anxiety symptoms.. but you have given me faith that recovery is possible with the right meds

Thank you xx

• Posted

Hi Raj, just checking in to seemhow you are doing. Please remember that if your anxiety gets worse while taking the Citalopram, it is completely normal. It’s you body adapting to the med and I can assur you it will get better. Don’t let the early stages get you down and move forward with the hope that all wil be well sooner than later. Please keep in touch. Good luck bro 😊

• Posted

Hi kaycee, I had CBT therapy today...  it was OK, I had to imagine I was on a cloud, drifting along and taking in the sights...in an attempt to relax me, however all I kept thinking in my head was ‘ what shall I eat later on?’... 

Im on day 4 today, I feel alittle sick and there has been hightened anxiety but it hasnt been that bad so far... I wish I could fast forward a couple of months to see how I do on the tablets..( or actually I should just wish that I didnt get sick!!)

I have gone through so many forums ans its really uplifting to hear about the nber of people who have recovered from Citalopram, it’s really hopeful.. Im hoping the anxiety begins to lift through out the day..

Kaycee, did your brain feel weird when you had anxiety as though it couldnt relax?? 

• Posted

Absolutely Raj, it most certainly did. It was like I couldn’t stop the express train from racing through my head. Now it is an abdominal feeling, or a gut feeling, so to speak. I just finished an inquiry on another thread in this forum asking if shortness of breath is a commin side effect of Citalopram. It could be the mirtazapine that I introduced a couple of weeks ago to help with my stubborn insomnia. Anytime we take a laboratory medication there is going to be side effects. Fortunately, the worse of them is gone by the end of the second or third week. To put a number to give an example of how I am, I would say I am 85% at the moment. It could take another month or two to be where I am totally comfortable. I am a long way from the depths of despair when I started. Raj, I know it’s tempting to fast forward months from now to where you will be happy and calm, but the journey is part of the process. Take each day as a victory in a battle and months from now you will have won the war. The battles are when you get to know yourself and trust yourself and gain strength from every battle won. You are on the right track my friend. You will persevere and triumph. 
    • Posted

Thank you.. 

I am also on Mirtazapine and I do recall having slight breathless symptons when I first  started but it went away quite quickly... but I also think its part of the anxiety... this is in deed a battle,  

How do we know if the anxiety is due to lack of serotonin in the brain and not gaba? So far I have found Diazapam brings down the anxiety, I was hoping that Mirtzapine would help me but it wasnt that helpful, so Im hoping Citalopram fixes us up xx

• Posted

Hello Raj. Yes, Citalopram will help but you will have to work with your doctor to find the right dosage in order to feel good. I believe you are on 10 mg and I was also. I was at 10 for about four months and although it was helping, it wasn’t nearly enough for me. My Psychiatrist said that 10 mg is a starting dose and typically 20 - 40 were the therapeutic dosage. At 30, where I am now and have been for the past two weeks has been dramatic in it’s effectiveness. I am very pleased. I believe the Mirtazapine is a catch 22. On one hand it provides a great sleep and on the other it is not as effective as the Cit. The Psychiatrist believes the combination is one that best suits my needs and I intend to follow his advice. After all, he spent 10 years studying the mind and pharmaceuticals. Doctor knows best...lol. Hope you are well and progressing positively. Best wishes to you Raj. It is an honour to know you. 
  • Posted

This medication is awful I have suffered since October from taking these I have suffered really bad it’s got to a point I can’t leave the house I am a complete mess the doctors are not listening to me I am just going around in circles I have tried to stop them side effects are horrific I am a mum to three kids I can’t leave the house which is frustrating me I can’t move around the house I feel so ill everyday from the moment I wake up I was so active befeore I was given these I am a different person this medication such be banned it’s only my kids are keeping me going I have no life I have put weight I feel sick to look at me I thought you trust doctors I had a massive trauma I wish I had never touched these Tablets’s I am so ill and down please is anyone going through what I am going through 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.