Anxiety Not Shifting - Advice Needed Please!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello everyone,

A quick sum up of my recent life: I left an extremely well paid job to start fresh about 9 months ago. I was hoping to achieve a more relaxed lifestyle. However since starting over I have become increasingly stressed/anxious for the most insignificant things. Even walking down the street alone is becoming exceedingly nerve-racking for me.

Its affecting all aspects of my life. I have zero sex drive, I am breaking out in tiny spots, I have this horrible tightness in my chest and that feeling that you get just before you cry (the ball in the throat), I worry so much that I become ridiculously irrational, I cant stand seeing people anymore, my sleep is disrupted, I have in the last 2 weeks had urges to vomit, and the list goes on.

I don't believe in taking prescribed medication, I'm a very "natural remedy" type of person, so I am asking anyone out there to give me any tips they have on how to shift this anxiety naturally.

I dont believe that this is something I "am". This is something that has come because of issues in my subconscious mind that I cannot put my finger on, but I know I can rectify it. I just need some friendly advice.

I thank you for your time.

x

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

That's what you need TIME Go away to a nic people free beach, and think of

absolutely nothing NOT evev yourself. ,just sea breezes,wet feet and enjoy 

• Posted

You can get tablets called Kalms from your local health shop or supermarket,they aren't addictive and are a herbal remedy for anxiety symptoms as well as other things. I know from personal experience they're very good
  • Posted

Jane,

You could try St Johns Wort to take the edge off your anxiety. It worked for me although whilst I understand some doctors will prescribe it, others do not recommed it because it is unregulated and therefore it's strength and quality can not be guaranteed. It is available without prescription. Does that count as a natural remedy? That depends on your thinking.

Other options - CBT or counselling.

Reading - try What To Say When You Talk To Yourself by Shad Helmstetter which gets you to reprogramme your mind or The Chimp Paradox which makes you aware of that voice (your chimp) in your head. A simple example of how this can work was I ordered a hire car but it turned out to be an automatic. My instant reaction was "dam, it's an automatic, I've never driven one of those before, what am I going to do?" that was my chimp talking. But I stepped in and said "no, I'll be fine." I drove it without any issues and actually enjoyed the drive.

But ultimately, I would say don't rule out prescribed medication. I am now on Propranolol and feel much better for it. I feel that I would far rather go to my GP and get the help I need than turn to another more destructive "remedy" like drinking alcohol or smoking etc.

• Posted

Wow that is very helpful thank you cheesygrin

The St Johns wort I will definitely have a look into. I've seen it in my local health store too.

And the book sounds perfect. I read allot and am continuously trying to find a book that actually triggers some understanding and logic back into my stupid brain. I will download it onto my kindle now cheesygrincheesygrin

• Posted

Hello BlondJaneBlond

I can only relate my personal experiences of meds versus natural.

There are concerns about St. John's Wort...so there must be reasons, and I personally would not take it without GP's recommendation.

Herbal conconctions, whilst they may work for some people, generally take longer to be effective (I spent a lot of money thereby).  I think a GP's consultation should point you in the right direction with regard to the root of your anxiety.  Good Luck.

• Posted

The meds screw your head up when you try to come off them. Once your on them you wont want to come off them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.