anxiety now going through the roof

Posted , 6 users are following.

To the people that have already given me feedback is this normal after being on this medication for four months its driving me nuts.Any feedback.welcome.

0 likes, 8 replies

Report / Delete

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi I was on 20mg and thought it wasn't working so doc upped to 30mg and it sent my anxiety through the roof I ended up having to take diazepam for few weeks dropped back down to 20mg and anxiety is not anywhere near as bad. I would check if the dosage is correct for you x
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I would say no!!.. That's long enough!. I gave it 7 weeks.. Been on Prozac last few weeks, much better.. I swapped overnight. Only side effect is bad dreams. The anxiety improved the day after I stopped taking cit. hope that helps. Can you go back and discuss it with doc? X
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Could be your doseage is a bit high.  If you've not been on 40mg that long it could be the side effects again - we get them each time a dose is upped.  On the other hand though it could be just a blip - they're common with recovery.

K xx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

frill ok............i was the same when i first started with citalopram when they first started me on 20 mgs . i was  full of anxiety . so they dropped them to 10mg  which i was ok with.  then after years went to 20mg............ then bnow 40mg so its just till you get used to them. so trial and error is the key factor here, .. give them time im sure you will get used to them and start feeling more like yourself again.  
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up