anxiety or am i dying

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi im a 29yr old male who feels dizzy all the time feels like the floors moving or if im in bed it feels like im rocking on a boat and i keep thinking im dying it feels like im going to drop dead evey time im in bed i start to feel short of breath my left arm also feels light from time to time ive been to see the doctor about a year ago and been to the hospital about a year ago to and they seid its anxiety it will go away they done one test on my heart but they seid its fine but that was a year ago what if they mist somthing in the ecg i need to get this sorted im having a anxiety attack as i type this so sorry if it dosent make sence i just want the old me back my lifes never been the same since that first day when i was out shopping im not taking medication at the moment i really need to see the doctor a.s.a.p ill let you know what he says thanks for listening

2 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

They r all signs of anxiety...i used to lay down and feel like my chest as collapsing! and had pins had needles in left arm and chest pain and lump in throat....set urself a time to go back to the doctor and go to help put ur mind at rest... dont mention anxiety just explain calmly that ur concerned about the symptoms. anxiety can also present in thinking the tests have missed something all the time.. but uve only been checked once so they can't moan yet smile Good luck smile
    • Posted

yeah thats true , i also get pins an needles sometimes in my face its horrible i also have this cold feeling an the top of my head is this normal in anxiety ? ive been having theses symptoms for about 2years an my doctor seid if it was my heart i would of been dead by now thats why i stopped going to see him he told me to stop reading stuff on the internet its not good lol
    • Posted

I felt like the pins n needles when to my leg and jaw and then face too but weirdly enough that was after reading that it can! do u get these symptoms when ur alone and not busy or when your busy too? I haven't had he cold head but if u look up symptoms of anxiety it could well be there! I think u just become so more aware of everything! go to the docs...although I know what they said before ...i have had the same response lol...but cbt helped that...i had to write down all my anxieties and after 2 2 weeks I looked back at them and realised I wasn't dead yet! and that was ages ago...helped a bit. I was scared I wouldn't wake up..was scared to sleep! am a bit better now though smile and yeah Internet can be helpful but try not to.focus on the worst case sinareos...like right now I have a swollen tonsil...when I good gel.it I find cancer...so that's what I'll focus on...but the probability is that it's a virus or am.run down. good luck.but go to the docs anywa, make a list of what u want to say before u get there and try not to think What if after smile
  • Posted

Hi damien,

This could be anxiety related but could also be symptomatic of other things,not necessarily the heart.

However anxiety,when at its worst,can cause alarming symptoms,many years ago now I blacked out,lost all sensation to the left side of my body,numbness,tingling in arms and legs,and mentally confused,i thought it was a mini stroke,but apparently not,these symptoms took forever to disappear,and I've had panic attacks since,but never so bad as that one.

What happened when you went out shopping,that seems to be the key to this,if it is private then keep it that way.

You must see a doctor soon as this must be very distressing,you certainly need some form of help,so get to it sooner rather than later.

For now,ride the storm,find those calm waters,they are there even in the darkest moments,and use this forum to get reassured,you are not dying,you are having a rough time right now,but it will pass,I can say that with conviction,having been there a few times.

Take care,and make that appointment ASAP.

Regards Malc

• Posted

thanks mate , its just my life has never been the same since that day shopping i just felt really dizzy like i was going to paas out . i do suffer from acid reflux and the doctor said the chest pains im getting are due to the acid reflux or anxiety or stress wish all of this would go away
    • Posted

Hi Mate,

I also suffer from barretts esophagus,acid reflux and hiatus hernia,plus 55 yrs worth of anxiety/depression,why?...because i'm built like that,It's a rogue gene,my mum was an alcoholic and suffered manic depression all her life and never saw a doctor till her last year,but I can safely say that worry is the silent killer,I've learnt to live with it,imagine an elastic band stretched tight,that's my norm,other people their band is looser,but when stretched tight it sometimes breaks,poor analogy but I just hope my band holds where it is,at age 64,another strain could break it,but I can't think that way,I ,and you too,will endure and maybe win,for now accept that for a while things will be hard,acceptance is key here,fighting it can make things worse,just say to yourself these thoughts are there,doing their damndest to screw you up,but I accept them and they won't beat me.

Stay strong and resolute,and watch what you eat,I will tell you a good aid for reflux another time I'm just about to sleep,so all the best and if you need to talk well you know what to do.

Regards Malc

• Posted

Hi Damien,

I have been suffering bouts of dizziness recently when in bed too,  From what I have read about it it is rarely a symptom of anything serious.  The most probably causes are anxiety or inner ear problems.  So try not to worry as it will only make it worse. If you stop focusing on it so much it will most likely disappear,

take care

Lisa

• Posted

U might need anxiety medicine I feel like I'm gonna die from anxiety all the time I can't take it its so hard to live like this but I do I get ekgs all the time cuz I feel like I'm gonna have a heart attack and can't breathe most of the time medicine will help the symptoms I hope u feel better 
  • Posted

rip my nigga damien
    • Posted

Wow.. I can relate to his symptoms.. How did he die?? Was it because of the symptoms, anxiety, undiagnosed sickness or other cause? With all due respect. May his soul rest in peace

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.