Anxiety or an ear problem??

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi guys, 

For the past 10-15 years i havent felt right. I have been to the doctors but they havent diagnosed anything. 

Symptoms; i always feel unbalanced, cant stand straight for long as i feel i will fall over, constantly feels like im standing on a tipe-rope and feeling wobbly, preasure in my head which feels like my head will explode (not often), ringing in ears which makes it hard to hear, ears feel bunged up.  I dont like heights either. 

I always thought maybe its just anxiety or something else which hasnt been diagnosed. 

Hope some professionals can advise, thank you 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

which doctors have seen you?  Have you been to an neurotologist?  If not, that should be your very next step.  Have you had an MRI of the head/neck/ears?
    • Posted

I went and saw a neurologist back about 7-8 years ago, all clear according to them.  Ive seen a neurologist, blood tests, onky thing i havent had is an MRI. I always had this on my mind that i havent had a head scan and thought why havent they done this....
  • Posted

hi Bowmatty  sorry to see that you have felt like that for so long it could be meneries disease which most of the people on this page suffer with anxiety is part of this as well ask to go to ears nose throat to have some tests done and take the lead from there I have vestibular migraine which are quite the same as you have go to your GP and tell them you are not happy and need to get this sorted   
  • Posted

It also could be benine position vertigo. Try meclyzine by Bonine. It has helped save my life. The betahistine 16mg 3 times day made me much worse. As the Betahistine makes you dizzy from the active ingredient.
  • Posted

It may be benign positional vertigo (BPPV)  or early stages of meniere's disease. Find an ENT specializes in or has knowledge of them . There are maneuvers that may help BPPV. Also vestibular therapy. Hearing tests should be able to pinpoint a change or decline in your hearing. Doesn't mean from the the outset that it is Menieres but can be monitored for changes over time,usually in one ear. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.