Anxiety or depression

Posted , 5 users are following.

Why do I feel so detached from the world it's almost if I'm watching a play of my own life ,think I'm going crazy is it my depression or anxiety tricking me I'm on meds 2nd week but no change

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I too feel this way a lot. I think it's a bit of both. My anxiety can make me feel so alone and away from my own life. And the depression from it all makes me feel like a child out of control.
    • Posted

I understand that tottally just wish the crazy part of me would let go
    • Posted

Lol. I agree with that. And my family just do understand how I feel.
    • Posted

It can be hard for others to understand someone with mental health issues , I guess unless your going through it it's hard to explain
    • Posted

I've been reading on this forum all morning. It's helping me a lot today. It's nice to help others and see that I'm not alone. Just know that I understand how your feeling and I am at this point also.
  • Posted

First and foremost, hang in there.  medication can take 6-8 weeks to fully work.  What your feeling is depersonlization, I have felt, when I am dealing with severe anxiety.  One thing you can do is find something where ever you are.  Take a car for example,  try to think about what make it is,  Ford, bmw, etc. Try to think of what the model is, if it is a bmw, is it a 325ic?  What color is it?  Another is look around where you are for a sign.  What colors make up the sign?  What does the sign say? what type of lettering is cursive, plain type, etc.  This is called mindfulness, grounding.  It allows you to get out of your mind, and focus what is around you to make you feel that you are in the here and now.  Try it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.