Anxiety or low blood sugar?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Today at work, I took my lunch break very late and whilst working I became very dizzy, tired, bad blurred vision, lightheaded, confused, irritable, hard to breathe, hot, kept seeing flashes of black and very faint. I ended up crying for no reason.

I've noticed that low blood sugar and anxiety symptoms are very similar and I'm starting to think my issue is my blood sugar rather than a mental health issue. I don't experience racing thoughts anymore or have panic attacks. But I crash after eating a bar of chocolate or a dessert. I match almost all the symptoms of low blood sugar, but I don't know how to get checked or even talk about it to my doctor. I'm just sick of feeling this way. Could I be right?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You really need to get yourself checked to see if you are diabetic.

There is plenty of help out there.

You were not crying for no reason, you were crying because you felt unwell.

GET YOURSELF CHECKED OUT

Sarah

• Posted

I agree with Sarah.  Information can save your health, even your life.  Last year I was feeling really tired all the time and could not seem to tackle any projects around the house.  I finally asked my doctor to do a full blood workup because I thould I must be low on some vitamins.  Well, the results came back and shocked me.  I was diabetic and my A1C was 9.2, really high.  My doctor put me on metformin but I continued to do research.  I finally found some supplements that helped to stablize my blood sugar.  Timed release multiple B vitamins and mult mineral capsules.  Within 30 days my blood glucose had stablized and was dropping each week.  Finally after 6 months of healthy eating, cutting out sugar and all the carbs, my glucose was 6.2 and my doctor said my diabetes was under control. 

Unfortunately for modern humans, our food supply has little to no B vitamins or minerals.  A person can eat 3 or 4 meals a day and still be nutritionally starving.  You did not mention your age, but women also get homone issues.  That can also cause many symptoms that you mentioned.

Get the full blood workup, then you will know what to work on.  Keep us updated to what you find.

John

• Posted

Easy to check glucose buy a glucse meter (they are OTC aslong with the strips) and test ,,, that will tell your your numbers. 

to me Low Glucose vs an Anxity Attack feel 100% different to me (i've got i'm a T1D). 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.