Anxiety or menapause

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi haven't been on here for a while cause things been going great but today I was in super market with my daughters and I came over all hot and sweaty and real shaky, so not sure weather anxiety or menapause, and advice please x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hot flushes are a common symptom of menopause. It can also cause higher levels of anxiety/low mood, so I would assume it's a bit of both your anxiety and menopause. 

On on the NHS website, they suggested doing these things to avoid this symptom of menopause:

wearing light clothing 

keeping your bedroom cool at night 

taking a cool shower, using a fan or having a cold drink 

trying to reduce your stress levels

avoiding potential triggers, such as spicy food, caffeine, smoking and alcohol 

taking regular exercise and losing weight if you're overweight

hope this helps x 

• Posted

Thanks darl yer I think it was abit of both. Feel more normal now thou lol. I have a fan in my bedroom for night times and always wear loose clothing x
    • Posted

Good to hear you're feeling better! Best of luck with your health x 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.